Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
3,771 Posts
I see you have some mods, crossmember disks, adj strut rods, offset arms?
At full travel does the shock stop before the 1/2 shaft flange binds up?
Did you do any internal mods to the diff?

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
good pics, but I don't think you'll get too far without a rear spring! :laughing:

As a rear suspension novice are there particular things to notice? Looks like camber changes a fair amount, but it's hard to tell since the angles aren't exactly the same. Also noticed that the strut rod is nearly parallel with the half shaft at full droop but not all the way up. I take it that's why all the guys with 5 and 6 links drop the inner mounting point a few inches?

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The rear is the same as it was when I bought it. Minus the Koni shocks

·
Registered
39 Posts
crossmember disc, could you explane what they are and what they do, i keep seeing these things. I think mostly on race cars, i know i dont have any.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I have slightly modified my universal yokes. You will find if you let the wheel hang down and you rotate the tires they will jump. A simple small amount of grinding or filing in the area that interfers eliminates this problem. If you look at the universal yoke you will see the mark. File it down a touch and you will find at full droop no more wheel hop

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
crossmember disc, could you explane what they are and what they do, i keep seeing these things. I think mostly on race cars, i know i dont have any.
The mounting point for the rear carrier crossmember is a known weak point. The discs reinforce the mounting point.

·
Supporting Vendor
3,771 Posts
Those disc's gve more of a solid point for hard launches. You really don't need them for a street car, not going to hurt to install them but not required.

·
Registered
33 Posts
What's involved with installing these discs? I don't want to open up the can of worms that is my rubber bushings.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have no idea, i just found out what they are!!!!!!:laughing:
I would assume getting that 35 year old bolt out would be a good job. I would also think you better have a jack under it before you remove that bolt, and the leaf springs right in the way of that:crazy:

But i did learn what they are,:thumbsup: along with how to check my halfshaft u-joints,:thumbsup: and i also know what strut rods are now,:thumbsup:

Thanks guys, carry on !

·
Supporting Vendor
3,771 Posts
Remove the bolt from the crossmember, install the stud in the kit, install the disc. Not really needed for most cars.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts