Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An Illinois Appellate Court ruled Monday that former White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel is ineligible to run for mayor because he did not meet the ballot's residency requirement.

"A candidate must meet not only the Election Code's voter residency standard, but also must have actually resided within the municipality for one year prior to the election, a qualification that the candidate unquestionably does not satisfy," the court said in the decision.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol..._of_chicago_as_court_decides_hes_not_a_r.html

Will the Chicago machine kick into high gear now? What unscrupulous things will be done to get him back on the ballot, payoffs perhaps? :laughing:

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
:laughing: This means chicago might have a say in who our mayor is.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol..._of_chicago_as_court_decides_hes_not_a_r.html

Will the Chicago machine kick into high gear now? What unscrupulous things will be done to get him back on the ballot, payoffs perhaps? :laughing:
The Chicago Machine was already in full gear. They had already "persuaded" the local election board. :laughing:

This is an overturn of the Machine's decision.

Ballots are also set to print this week. Even if he appeals and wins, his name still may not be on the ballot. :laughing:

Bottom line, Emanual screwed up! He should have kept his house in Chicago. Obama did.

·
DC Crew
3,083 Posts
I don't have a problem with this ****
i think its great he did not live here for a year **

but !!!! I am sure the court will say he can be on it

* because someone in the white house said he can

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
I don't have a problem with this ****
i think its great he did not live here for a year **

but !!!! I am sure the court will say he can be on it

* because someone in the white house said he can
So Barry Soetoro's on the phone tonight??? :lookinup:

I would hope the court's don't work that way. :down:
I would not doubt it though. :laughing:

I still believe there is something to Dick Head Daley leaving office in a rush, Emanual leaving the WH in a rush, and Brother Daley taking Emanual's old job so quick. ;)

Add in the fact that Daley has the election board in his pocket.... :nuts:

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
IL Supreme court puts Emanuel back on ballot

So he's back on the ballot, even though the supreme court has not decided whether or not to hear his appeal?? :crazy:

http://www.suntimes.com/3483600-417/emanuel-court-illinois-appellate-attorneys.html

The Illinois Supreme Court has ordered the Chicago Board of Election Commissioners to put Rahm Emanuel’s name back on the mayoral ballot, attorneys for Emanuel said Tuesday.

The court has not decided whether to hear Emanuel’s appeal of Monday’s Illinois Appellate Court ruling that tossed him out of the race to replace Mayor Daley. The Supreme Court granted Emanuel’s motion for a stay of the ruling, Emanuel attorney Mike Kasper said Tuesday.

The state appellate court ruled Monday that Emanuel did not meet the one-year residency requirement to run for mayor of Chicago.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
So he's back on the ballot, even though the supreme court has not decided whether or not to hear his appeal?? :crazy:

http://www.suntimes.com/3483600-417/emanuel-court-illinois-appellate-attorneys.html

The Illinois Supreme Court has ordered the Chicago Board of Election Commissioners to put Rahm Emanuel’s name back on the mayoral ballot, attorneys for Emanuel said Tuesday.

The court has not decided whether to hear Emanuel’s appeal of Monday’s Illinois Appellate Court ruling that tossed him out of the race to replace Mayor Daley. The Supreme Court granted Emanuel’s motion for a stay of the ruling, Emanuel attorney Mike Kasper said Tuesday.

The state appellate court ruled Monday that Emanuel did not meet the one-year residency requirement to run for mayor of Chicago.
Surprise, surprise. :crazy:

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Guess what he is back on :wtf
He's back on the ballot, although he is still currently disqualified! :crazy::laughing:

The supreme court has not even decided if they will hear the case, but they put him back on the ballot just in case as the ballots are set to print today.

In the event that he remains unqualified, the voters will be notified not to vote for him on the paper ballots and if they do, their votes will be invalid.

What a bunch of idiots. :crazy:

In the event that he is not allowed to run, a major runn off is expected between the next two people. Imagine the legal mess if a large enough portion of voters should mis-vote for him. :smack

1 - 13 of 13 Posts