Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha gang,
Is this piece call the cowl ( the wiper tray)? I think it is, but before i order this part, i want to be sure, in the companies add theres 2 different pieces shown in the same add.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,830 Posts
That carbon fiber piece is a wiper tray but I can see them calling it a cowl cover. Go for it and let us know how it looks

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Aloha gang,
Is this piece call the cowl ( the wiper tray)? I think it is, but before i order this part, i want to be sure, in the companies add theres 2 different pieces shown in the same add.
Yes that hideous piece of black plastic at the base of your windshield is called a cowl

I think that carbon piece your looking at is Just a "Skin"

It goes over the cowl

So It's not a full replacement piece,

WCC sells the piece, so if you call them they can confirm this,

I will be painting mine Wet glossy black to match my car and rear brake ducts

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, its a carbon skin. I'll put it on and see how it looks, would like to get the original piece done in carbon eventually, as well as the mirrors and a real carbon roof. Would look good on my silver car. Going to start the interior project next month as well, will be using gray "coach" leather, and carbon fiber accents.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
That looks like the stick-on piece to me. I had my whole cowl done in Hydrocarbon CF as well as the Windshield wiper arms...

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Yeah, its a carbon skin. I'll put it on and see how it looks, would like to get the original piece done in carbon eventually, as well as the mirrors and a real carbon roof. Would look good on my silver car. Going to start the interior project next month as well, will be using gray "coach" leather, and carbon fiber accents.
Aren't you supposed to epoxy that to the original cowl ?

So it does not change shape in the sun

I dunno , I was just wondering,

Your new interior sounds exciting,

Can't wait to see the final results

1 - 7 of 7 Posts