Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A co-worker's father works at the GM engine plant in St. Catherines Ontario where the LS1/LS6 engines are assembled (not manufactured). Apparently he informed me today that GM has received a batch of blocks destined for the 2003 AE cars that were cracked. One engine let go with only 8 miles onit. At this point, I don't know how may cracked blocks were received or released for installation. Apparently the suits at GM are NOT impressed & high level meetings have taken place to rectify the situation.I know the engines are pressure tested for leaks etc, & any engine that will be mated to a 6 spd is given a short run as I witnessed on my tour of the plant last August ( an annual event by the way). Blocks were cast in Mexico from what I was told. Will keep you posted as I find out more, as some of my neighbors work there. I live about 15 min from the plant.We do not have the Lemon laws in Canada that our good neighbors in the USA have, so I don't know how this issue can be resolved, especially when it comes to keeping numbers matched.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts