Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
BubbleHead said:
That's hard to say without any cam specs.

If you are doing a cam and headers, you may as well send the heads out for some porting and polishing. :thumbsup:
I agree with Tim, but at the same time you don't need to pull the heads for a cam swap

·
Registered
64 Posts
LT4 heads flow fine....sure they could be alot better if you clean them up, but no need to send the out for port work. If you do get them CNC machined or its not worth it. my .02

·
Registered
336 Posts
MongooseLT4 said:
LT4 heads flow fine....sure they could be alot better if you clean them up, but no need to send the out for port work. If you do get them CNC machined or its not worth it. my .02

My GS with just the heads ported and nothing else except for a K&N filter made 328rwhp so there is definately some HP to be made with porting the heads.

Patrick if you are thinking of doing a cam in your car E-Mail me, I would like to set you up with Jim at Speed Inc, he specs out his own cams and has them custom ground, he has made some pretty sick power on some close to stock cars. My car is there right now getting a new custom ground cam, should be better on motor and just sick on the juice :)

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MVR 155 said:
My GS with just the heads ported and nothing else except for a K&N filter made 328rwhp so there is definately some HP to be made with porting the heads.

Patrick if you are thinking of doing a cam in your car E-Mail me, I would like to set you up with Jim at Speed Inc, he specs out his own cams and has them custom ground, he has made some pretty sick power on some close to stock cars. My car is there right now getting a new custom ground cam, should be better on motor and just sick on the juice :)
VERY interesting. What did you dyno on? LT4's dyno on a dynojet right around 300 RWHP. Picking up 28 HP is cool....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Oh i agree this is alot to pick up from porting them, when you have your intake off you will see that plain as day...also you might want to shave your gaskets alittle they cover up some of the port because they are not big enough.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts