Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These last few days as its been getting colder ive been losing traction like crazy. at first i thought it might be as simple as low tread, stopped off at a gas station(at night) and everything looks great, did the penny check as well.

Well i did another look today, and the inside of the tire is getting to be bare, it does seem to have a bit of negative camber on the suspension.

Are there any write ups about doing an at home alignment on the rear end?

Thanks,Jeff.

·
DC Crew
53,222 Posts
These last few days as its been getting colder ive been losing traction like crazy. at first i thought it might be as simple as low tread, stopped off at a gas station(at night) and everything looks great, did the penny check as well.

Well i did another look today, and the inside of the tire is getting to be bare, it does seem to have a bit of negative camber on the suspension.

Are there any write ups about doing an at home alignment on the rear end?

Thanks,Jeff.
Both of my C4's could effortlessly spin the tires in the cold. And, I ran possibly 8 or 10 sets of different tires.

Essentially, tires bite the best when they have a little heat in them, the cold roads are keeping your tires from reaching ideal temperature... therefore, you will lose grip. Additionally, tires dry out ... and the older the tire the less grip it will have.

If the tire is "bare" in any spot, exposed steel belts are next. Time to go tire shopping.

As far as getting more traction, you could not press the rectangle pedal so hard. :devil:

As for the alignment, go get a 4-wheel laser alignment so your next set of tires lasts longer. Also, make sure your cold psi is no less than 32, certainly no more than 35.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts