Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some dude pulled out in front of me and caused me to hit him.

The car isn't in to bad of shape. After locking up the tires and leaving 4 nice skid marks the left corner of my nose hit his right front wheel.

The bumper is messed up and will need replaced. Some of the fiberglass reinforecents fell out. The metal cover on the driver side headlight is tore up. Found a spring on the ground after getting home from it. The fiberglass around the light housing is busted up. There are a couple of cracks in the fiberglass around the driver side wheel.

The steering seems to be a bit off too. Sounded like something was rubbing on the way home.

And to top it off, the dude didn't have insurance.

My insurance will cover everything, net of my $500 deductable. He claims he will pay for everything, but i put the odds at 50/50. I just want me deductable back.

On the bright side, maybe i can get a couple of other minor paint chips touched up.

Some dude in anouther car waved him over claiming everything was clear. Guess white corvette's are hard to see. He claimed at the last second that he tried to stop em, but by that time i was in my skid.

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
:surprised That's terrible! When will people learn how to drive? Makes you wish you had ABS brakes?

I hope the guy pays up, it's hard to drag money out of people.

Good luck! ;)

O

·
0 Posts
Re: Re: Crash story.

Dude, sorry to hear that. I hope your car has a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I said it before, I’ll say it again, people that drive without insurance should have to spend some time behind bars.

I hope you get it fixed better than new :cheers:

You should have went up to the idiot and did this:

81 Corvette ---> :nuts: <--- uninsured asshole

·
Registered
138 Posts
Find the best shop who repairs Vette's regularly and your white beauty will look like it never happened. Keep us posted on its recovery, and good luck to you.:cheers:

·
Banned
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She goes to the local Chevy Dealership on Monday. They are affiliated with my insurance company.

I'm not overly concerned since it is a dealership that has been around some time, and i like that they are associated with my insurance. Right now they have a 90 in the shop that they are working on.

I'm just not sure if i will be able to drive the rental that i am getting. How do you point your car down the road with out the big fenders to guide the way.:laughing:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Saw your pics on the other thread. Damage doesnt look to bad as far as making repairs. Chevy dealership sounds good, and you dont have to accept the work until your completly satisfied. Just hope they dont match the rental with the Vette year. You may get a VEGA!:surprised

·
Registered
68 Posts
Vette crash

Just tell us you did get a police report...right? :huh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts