Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DEVELOPING: Police in Maryland are responding to a hostage situation after reports that a man with a handgun entered the Discovery Channel headquarters building in Silver Spring and fired at least one shot.

An official with the Montgomery County Police Department confirmed to Fox News that a man with an explosive device is holding at least one person hostage in the lobby of the building.

A Discovery employee reportedly told WJLA-TV that the building, located in suburban Washington, D.C., was on lockdown. The employee also said she thought she had heard five or six gunshots.

Dan Friz, a spokesman with the Montgomery County Police Department, reportedly told the station that a tactical team is trying to communicate with the gunman.

Friz said police were initially dispatched to the building after a report of shots fired at approximately 1 p.m.

The suspect, identified by police as an Asian male, has "some sort of device on him that may be explosive in nature," Friz told the station.

Some witnesses reported that the man fired a shot before declaring, "Nobody is going anywhere," according to police.

Authorities have so far not confirmed how many shots were fired. Employees at the building were told to take cover in locked offices, according to local press accounts.

Children at a day care center located inside the Discovery Building were reportedly safely evacuated to a nearby McDonald's restaurant.

Discovery Communications LLC operates cable and satellite networks in the U.S. including The Discovery Channel, TLC and Animal Planet.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
A Police spokesmen is dishing out a bunch of “I can’t confirms” … right now.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah they always do, I hate that crap.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Just unbelievable! A nutjob liberal gets his panties in a bunch and resorts to violence? :WTF

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Just unbelievable! A nutjob liberal gets his panties in a bunch and resorts to violence? :WTF
They showing is Voting Record already … or is he sporting stylish Tea Bags on his hat? :laughing:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Violence goes hand in hand with the left wing. Always has.. Al Gore should be arrested for this incident... his "call to action" 2 weeks ago probably directly spurred this terrorist.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Violence goes hand in hand with the left wing. Always has.. Al Gore should be arrested for this incident... his "call to action" 2 weeks ago probably directly spurred this terrorist.
Difficult day for you? :laughing:

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
I updated the title of this thread to Crazy "dead" guy....
Police kill Discovery building gunman.

Explosive detonates; three hostages safe, Maryland police say

Just In

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38957020/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

SILVER SPRING, Md. — Police shot and killed a gunman who held three hostages for several hours Wednesday at the Discovery Communications building in Silver Spring, Md., authorities said. They said the hostages were safe.

At least one explosive device on his body went off when he was shot, and other explosive devices could still be in the building in Montgomery County in suburban Washington, D.C., Montgomery County police Chief Thomas Manger said.
It was not clear whether there was any damage.

Manger said no one was believed to have been injured other than the gunman, whom SWAT officers shot about 4:50 p.m. ET because officials “believed the hostages were in danger.”

“We had been talking to him for several hours and he had a wide range of emotions,” Manger said.
“He pulled his weapon and we came in.”

The building in the close-in suburb of Washington was safely evacuated, including the Discovery Kids Place day care center, police said.

Manger said he couldn’t release the man’s identity, but numerous law enforcement authorities told NBC News he was James Jay Lee, 43, a longtime protester at the building who was sentenced to six months of supervised probation for disorderly conduct in March 2008.

(Read continues in Link)

‘The planet does not need humans’

James J. Lee is seen in a booking mugshot from 2008 on disorderly conduct in Montgomery County, Md.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Looks like the guys and few others, needs a little anger management. :laughing:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I updated the title of this thread to Crazy "dead" guy....
Thanks, would have done that but I didn't have access to my comp. Anyway this cat was clearly unstable, I mean come on everyone likes the Discovery channel.:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts