Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
no, there is no possible way to cover those it must remain looking like a nintendo . . .. oh wait there is one way to cover it up but it will make it end up looking like a first gen Sega

·
Registered
50 Posts
Great question.
I've been wondering about the CF air filter housing myself.
The guy I crew chief for is into metal fabrication and we're supposed to get together after New Years to see if he/we can't come up with something better, both, esthetically, as well as letting it breath a little better.
I'll keep y'all posted and if we get something good, I'll post pics, etc.
:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
53,226 Posts
rksmotorsports said:
Great question.
I've been wondering about the CF air filter housing myself.
The guy I crew chief for is into metal fabrication and we're supposed to get together after New Years to see if he/we can't come up with something better, both, esthetically, as well as letting it breath a little better.
I'll keep y'all posted and if we get something good, I'll post pics, etc.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I just painted mine bright red metallic. It looks better than discolored goldish color, but the red really makes it pop and accentuates how Nintendo-ish it really looks. Looks like something from Back To The Future. Any upgrades would be a sweet idea.

·
Extra Crispy
5,119 Posts
Gold Kinda matches my color. It is a little borring. Let's see some pix's of the red.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Once I get all the underhood aluminum polished and the valve covers painted to match, I'm gonna take some pics. Should look good I hope.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Another question. I've seen the ones with the dual round filters and was wondering how you go about doing that, what size filters, aircleaners, factory clearance underhood, etc. It looks pretty sweet and I may do it if rksmotorsports doesn't have a better solution. Anything looks better than that bulky thing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts