Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here ever done the swap? The reason I ask is that I am seriously considering it and want to make sure I take all the necessary precautions. I like the Crossfire for what it is, but for serious performance and efficiency, nothing beats Multi-port. I will not be switching to TPI, but more likely a modified stealth ram or something of that nature. Here's some of the potential problems I may run into:
-Hood clearance (but I will run a custom plenum so no prob there)
-Fuel lines (braided stainless should do the trick)
-Wiring harness (now needs 8 injectors, likely a retrofit with a straight remove and reinstall.)
-ECM (Now needs to fire 8 injectors instead of two)
-Digital Dash (will it still function with a different ECM, or do I have to piggyback the new one with the old one?)
-There are 17 Stealth Rams that match my search on Summit. Which one do I need?

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?Ntt=holley+stealth+ram&N=700+4294853151+4294871728+4294889131+115+4294840140&Ntk=KeywordSearch

There is likely more than that. I already have a TPI fuel pump, but other than that I've got a lot of upgrading that needs to be considered. Anyone shed a little more light on this? Thanks!

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
USe the EBL found here:
http://www.dynamicefi.com/

Why? you can use your current harness, have the ECm side repinned (I think) and then ECM upgraded to run 8 injectors, then you will need to mod you injector portion of your harness for 8 injectors.

my friend ran the EBL with NO issues, car still runs great but he sold his 84 for a 92 ZR1..

The tuning software that comes with the EBL is also Outstanding

This is the best part of the EBL too"

For the Corvette CrossFire folks your Digital Dash is supported. Yes, your trip computer will be functional.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jeff! I was going to use that EBL setup when I was going to keep my crossfire injection, but now that I know I can use the EBL on the upgraded multi-port setup, that's great. That cuts down on the headaches associated with a harness swap and all that. I've heard nothing but great reviews on the tuning of the EBL setup from the crossfire folks, so I'm sure the multi-port is just as good.

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Thanks Jeff! I was going to use that EBL setup when I was going to keep my crossfire injection, but now that I know I can use the EBL on the upgraded multi-port setup, that's great. That cuts down on the headaches associated with a harness swap and all that. I've heard nothing but great reviews on the tuning of the EBL setup from the crossfire folks, so I'm sure the multi-port is just as good.
If I did not have to contend with my CCM I would run the EBL.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CCM? Up here they make hockey equipment :laughing:... But in all seriousness I don't think I'm familiar with what A CCM is and why it would be affected by the EBL. I like knowledge, so please enlighten me (plus I want to leave no stone unturned in my potential project.) Thanks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
CCM stands for Computer Control Module I believe. In our 84s we call them ECMs. Contact rBob at thirdgen.org and he can give you the info. Once you start tuning the EBL you will start to enjoy it. I know I have.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the tip Elkabong. I'll be sure to contact him.

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
CCM? Up here they make hockey equipment :laughing:... But in all seriousness I don't think I'm familiar with what A CCM is and why it would be affected by the EBL. I like knowledge, so please enlighten me (plus I want to leave no stone unturned in my potential project.) Thanks!

CCM is Central Control Module. showed up in 1990 (remember I have 91 electronics) you don't have it in your 84 and the EBL will work fine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts