Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Corvette Nation was out in force last night on Woodward. Far more Corvettes out there then anything else last night. Great to see tons of classic Vettes turning a cam instead of sitting under a car cover somewhere.

If the weather holds I'll take the '65 tonight instead of the C6.

·
Super Moderator
10,166 Posts
BEAUTIFUL '65 !! That color looks great on that car. The flairs really work with the design and allow some grippable tires!

You should post pics of the cruise AND more pics of your rides!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
321 Posts
nice ride...it's been busy out there a lot of great cars, i plan on being there night.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Is the weather going to hold tonight? I was going to go last night, but my buddy hurt his back and we didn't make it. The weather was perfect last night.

·
Registered
321 Posts
it says a chance of showers tonight.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Woodward

Yes, the pre-cruise week is great!

The actual Cruise is a parking lot filled with minivans, station wagons with $10k rims, and of course the ever-popular ******** in "Body by Cheetos" wife beaters screaming "light 'em up" from their lawn chairs. Yes, I bought this to entertain you Tubby.

Has anyone, in the history of man, heard that from someone in a nice car or from a hot chick?

·
Registered
16,252 Posts
My FAVORITE WEEK OF THE YEAR!!!

Woodward has been crazy for about 2 months now. We have gone cruisin a few times in the past weeks.

I love it when it gets dark...roast-em time!!!! Pontiac police are very lenient but the rest of the way...better watch out!! They should have a burn out charity event for all the tickets that they give out!! Bloomfield's run about $250 with no points (2 yrs ago).

I wish all the people without classic cars and/or show cars would stay in the far left lanes so the crowd that is on the side of the road can see. They also jam up the cruisin lanes and that makes my car run hot because its too much stop and go.

I'll see you there between 12 & 13 Mile Roads!!

And yes...we have our spots already!!!!! ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Ill be going Saturday-see you guys there!:devil: :thumbsup:

BTW, did anyone else see the Enzo last year?:surprised The best exhaust note ever, along with the largest crowd gathered around.:thumbsup:

Also, Mongo, were you driving through Manchester last Saturday? I saw a car just like yours go by.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
So was I!:thumbsup:

I suppose you had your car in the show?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
No, not this year. It was in the Corvette corral. I wandered around with a camera, taking lots of pictures. I met FLYAZ06 and his new red Z06.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Brings back memories. :)

I was born in Detroit and grew-up in Birmingham. Although my parents moved to Arizona back in the mid-1960s we used to go back and forth quite a bit. I do remember 'Woodwarding.'

I still have family and friends in Michigan and I'd love to go back for the big 'Cruise' next year. It would great to get back there in the summer. Keep on cruising Woodward.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Set your expectations low if you're coming. They'll be met.

It's a virtual standstill and every low-class ******* with $10 to buy a camp chair is there to yell at you from the curb. The cars surrounding you will likely be POSs and if you want to park, bring the deed to your house as a down payment on a space.:crazy:

I brought a decent car to be seen with intent of seeing other decent cars. What I got was High School-The Road Show. Duct tape and mis-matched rims.:down:

They need WAY more cops and WAY more enforcement of anti-idiot ordinances.:spanked:

On the bright side, from Fourteen Mile north through downtown Birmingham was nice and it held to the Pontiac line. Then the idiots resurfaced.

Sadly, it's less about the classics and more about the hooting and hollering.

Read Mitch Albom's column at www.detnews.com He's getting flack, but much of what he says is right.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Set your expectations low if you're coming. They'll be met.

It's a virtual standstill and every low-class ******* with $10 to buy a camp chair is there to yell at you from the curb. The cars surrounding you will likely be POSs and if you want to park, bring the deed to your house as a down payment on a space.:crazy:

I brought a decent car to be seen with intent of seeing other decent cars. What I got was High School-The Road Show. Duct tape and mis-matched rims.:down:

They need WAY more cops and WAY more enforcement of anti-idiot ordinances.:spanked:

On the bright side, from Fourteen Mile north through downtown Birmingham was nice and it held to the Pontiac line. Then the idiots resurfaced.

Sadly, it's less about the classics and more about the hooting and hollering.

Read Mitch Albom's column at www.detnews.com He's getting flack, but much of what he says is right.
Ouch!.....Ann Arbor.....I forgot you guys can't throw stones you have to Launch BOULDERS:rolling: :smack

Your points are valid to some degree, but you get what your looking for.

I've been out there each night after work this week and all day, today. I got a ton of pic to upload. On Friday I parked for free in a lot facing the street Chevy was setting up there display on. Today (Saturday) I found a FREE parking spot on the street 1 block for all the Chevy Displays, took 5 minutes of driving around.

And, yes there were some nutty/funny people out there but, no one that I saw was causing real trouble. And as for police, from 10 mile to 14-1/2mile they were on bikes, on horseback, in cars, and in suv's, I even have a pic of a Wayne County APV parked in the intersection 13mile & Woodward! All in all in had a GREAT time, 6 days worth, with no isssues and no complaints, just lucky I guess....... for the last 10 years! I've been going.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Sure, there were a few ricers and ********, but to say it was a low expectations event is totally off the mark. I loved it yet again, and it is not everyday you see Saleen S7s, 599 GTB's, and Superbirds.:surprised

·
Registered
16,252 Posts
Woodward was a blast. The weather was almost perfect except for the lil bit of rain towards the end of the night.

Here is a few pics:

IMG]http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc237/sweetee1207/DSC00218.jpg[/IMG]
IMG]http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc237/sweetee1207/DSC00191.jpg[/IMG]

IMG]http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc237/sweetee1207/DSC00170.jpg[/IMG]

IMG]http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc237/sweetee1207/DSC00114.jpg[/IMG]
And last but not least....our cars...

IMG]http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc237/sweetee1207/DSC00095.jpg[/IMG]
By the way...we had FREE parking!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts