Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't seen the color Crystal Red in person yet but to me it looks too much like Monterey Red. I really want GM to put a brighter metallic Red out there. I had a mustang 2002 GT that had "Laser RED" and it was such a nice color. Laser Red would look awesome on the C6! Put your Crystal Red pictures up here if you have them! Maybe it looks brighter in person.... :cheers:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Had a local detail er (Donovan's) do my 07 vic red vert with Zaino show car polish. I may be partial but it really looked great. I don't see how you can get more red than that.

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts

·
Only green will do...
18,403 Posts
do you think they would ever bring back the green just Asking

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I too have the Victory Red. I would have bought a brighter metallic red if they had one. I love the bright Reds but it seems so hard to keep the paint glossy. I wax it very often and it is always pretty clean but it scratchs so easy. I have flourescent lights in my garage and you can see EVERY little dull spot. I don't think I would have the time and energy to care for a color like black. I never had the dullness issues on my metallic red cars before.

·
Only green will do...
18,403 Posts
I dont understand why not yet i think that would defenitely be a big hit

·
Registered
4,479 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I finally saw a convertible crystal red Vette. We had the guy park it next to magnetic red and the Crystal Red is darker but has more sparkle to it. I didn't bring my camera so I don't have any pictures to show but it's a cool color! You will start seeing them everywhere soon, 5 people in our club have the 08 color on the way!

Let's see..... We have had Magnetic, Monterey and now Crystal Red. What will GM call it in 09??? metallic fire red?:D

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
At the EWS show last week there were C6 Vettes in Mag Red, Crystal Red and Monterey Red. Mag is the brightest, Mont is the darkest and Crystal falls between them. I tried to get them parked next to one another for a photo, but I couldn't make it happen. Besides, it was too cloudy for a good picture. These metallic reds glow in the sun.

The best news I've heard is that we'll finally see a metallic red on a Z06. This is long overdue.

·
Only green will do...
18,403 Posts
Were is the green how come its not back yet practically all the other colors are here why not green?

·
Registered
89 Posts
The Crystal red 3lt vert with **6 two tone Ebony and Titanium grey is one pretty sob.

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts
Were is the green how come its not back yet practically all the other colors are here why not green?
Didn't exactly break any sales records last time out, so they dropped it. I did see a Bowling Green metallic C5 at Carlisle yesterday, looked alright, I guess.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I haven't seen the color Crystal Red in person yet but to me it looks too much like Monterey Red. I really want GM to put a brighter metallic Red out there. I had a mustang 2002 GT that had "Laser RED" and it was such a nice color. Laser Red would look awesome on the C6! Put your Crystal Red pictures up here if you have them! Maybe it looks brighter in person.... :cheers:
I have laser red on my Expedition, it is a great color. Bad part is that it fades easily. You're right, it would look nice on a Vette..... as would a dark gray matallic.....

·
Only green will do...
18,403 Posts
i understand but it goes for your taste i bet there is people who like the dark green me included

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
i understand but it goes for your taste i bet there is people who like the dark green me included
I saw a C5 green coupe with tan interior a few years ago and thought it looked great. I never saw one before that. I'm more of a silver, gray, black and red guy, however I was impressed with how nice it looked.

I also remember the Polo Green C4. That looked great!

·
Registered
470 Posts
I saw a C5 green coupe with tan interior a few years ago and thought it looked great. I never saw one before that. I'm more of a silver, gray, black and red guy, however I was impressed with how nice it looked.

I also remember the Polo Green C4. That looked great!
Red,
You have the color that should be brought back, spiral grey is a great color and would be perfect on a C6

Jimmy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts