Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have got a lot of work done on my car recently from not being in school because of christmas break. I figured i would share with you guys the progress i have made! i will include before and after pictures! Any questions or comments are welcomed! Thanks

First day i got it:

Now:

·
Registered
59 Posts
75 project

:thumbsup: I have a 75 also and I replaced everything but ball joints and control bushings so far. Good luck and it will be a sweet ride when done:cheers:

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Looks real good. The only enemy seems to be time.

Every time I start something I lose seat time behind

the wheel. This year it cost me the whole summer.

I suppose its worth it in the end.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Looks great!! You may want to check the fuel line clearence because in the one photo they look closer to that header pipe than you may want them to be. My2 cents.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lcfdvette: I had the motor rebuilt, but i realy didnt alter much about the main components... Stock crank, new connecting rods, new flat top pistons, high performance cam, hi performance springs and lifters, stock rocker arms, edelbrock intake, summit racing headers. I might change some stuff later down the road but the main priority right now is to get it running.

the rat: I know that those fuel lines look a little close, however i do not have them fully bolted on. the larger line has a kink in it and so i have to fix it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
motor looks great, do you still have the old worn out cast iron exhaust manifolds lying around in your way, would be glad to take them off your hands also the ac mount brackets ???

·
Registered
552 Posts
Next time you visit the boneyard take a pair of tin snips, all late models have aluminized heat sleeve protecting looms and lines. Attack a couple cars that already have the engines out so the lines/looms have good tinsnip access. Any car with hedders is going to need something wrapped, it may just not be apparent at this point of assembly.

Cool project, looks like you're at an exciting point.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I figured it was time to post some more progress. I had almost all the rear suspension components, except for a halfshaft, which im waiting on, And my only problem was flaring the T/A bushings. After not wanting to buy the tool they sell at the major retailers, I went over to my grandpa's friends machine shop and ask him to make one for me. Oh boy, Was that an amazing tool. He hardened all the steel he used so it would last me a couple lifetimes. I went to town on the trailing arms:
This is my dad holding the trailing arm and the tool with the bushing pressed in, Ready to stick it on the press ad flare the other end.

Then today, started the completion of my rear suspension, for the most part. I pout the trailing arms in, added the shims, then moved on to the shocks. Then went in the strut rods, and following that, the halfshaft. I dont have the other halfshaft because before i got the car, the halfshaft blew and then resulted in the parking of the vette. Anyway, here are some more pictures. Next is the Exhaust: the golden question, flowmaster? or Magnaflow? what do you think?
Oh and sorry for the picture quality, they were all taken with my Iphone.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got the car about a year ago, and no I bought it with a body, it's sitting in a dolly in my
backyard.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Looks good:thumbsup: I hope to be doing that to mine soon when I get to paint and body. Keep up the good work:thumbsup:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah body is my next step, gonna start the sanding and gettting ready for paint. Then its interior and then its burnout time!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts