Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dad and I took a trip to Alaska on motorcycles this year. We loaded them on his truck and drove them to my uncles place in Helen MT and rode them from there up and back....

So on the way out to Montana we were driving along some where out in South dakota (or somewhere as most of it all looks the same.)
Anyway a silver C2 drove up and it is sweet looking. But it seems odd. It was wider than normal...not the wheels but the whole body like it had been widened. It looked more like the C6 Z06 than a C2 width wise.

I was driving I think but we were so in awe of it and we could never get close enough to get a pic before it turned off of the highway. So unfortunatly no picture

Anyone have a clue what I saw. We saw a nice C2 later in the day that was definatly narrower.

·
Registered
725 Posts
There is a company out there that takes a C5 and removes all of the C5 body panels and replces it with either a C1 or C2 custom body to fit the C5 frame. That may be what you saw.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Not sure which it was. I'd guess it was a C5 skinned C2 instead of the flares (though that looks sweet too)

This one looked sooooooo nice. I mean besides the Z06 I have it was the hottest vette I have ever seen. And I am biased toward the C6 Z06. But man this thing was cool!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Patrick I'll look at those. At first glance I am not sure. This thing basicaly looked like a stock C2 stingray...just wider!

BTW we were in South Dakota or somewhere out there when we saw it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts