Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever ordered body parts from Show Cars Body Parts Unlimited in Canada? It looks like they are the only one who carry a short-style stinger hood. I want the look of the 67 427 hood scoop on my 68 but do not want to lose the stock wiper door.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
893 Posts
I believe I've heard good things about them. The reason I say I believe is cause I'm not 100% sure, but pretty sure. I know this isn't confidence inspiring, but at least it's an honest reply.

·
That creepy old guy
726 Posts
lisaltydog said:
Has anyone ever ordered body parts from Show Cars Body Parts Unlimited in Canada? It looks like they are the only one who carry a short-style stinger hood. I want the look of the 67 427 hood scoop on my 68 but do not want to lose the stock wiper door.

Any ideas?
I got this hood from Vanacor. I'll tell you she looks real nice, but it was a bitch to get it shaped just right. Oh, and you won't be able to use you stock fan shroud set-up either. I had to go to a dual electric fan set-up, which cools much better anyway. In addition the hood sits low in the front by the radiator core support. Basically where the spear comes down to a point at. For this hood to work you'll have to bend down the top of the Radiator core support in order for it to flush up to the hood. I thought my body man was going to shot me a time or two trying to get this right. These are things they don't tell you. It's not a straight bolt on. Oh, and with a '68 you may have to do some mods with the wiper door in order for this to work as well. Good luck. Let me know if you have any questions.

:nuts:

·
Registered
436 Posts
lisaltydog said:
Has anyone ever ordered body parts from Show Cars Body Parts Unlimited in Canada?
Any ideas?
Wouldn't buying a hood from canada cost some import fee's???? I know its supposed to be free trade but heard some horror stories from canadians importing american products

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
curtis74 said:
I got this hood from Vanacor. I'll tell you she looks real nice, but it was a bitch to get it shaped just right. Oh, and you won't be able to use you stock fan shroud set-up either. I had to go to a dual electric fan set-up, which cools much better anyway. In addition the hood sits low in the front by the radiator core support. Basically where the spear comes down to a point at. For this hood to work you'll have to bend down the top of the Radiator core support in order for it to flush up to the hood. I thought my body man was going to shot me a time or two trying to get this right. These are things they don't tell you. It's not a straight bolt on. Oh, and with a '68 you may have to do some mods with the wiper door in order for this to work as well. Good luck. Let me know if you have any questions.

:nuts:
Thanks for the info Curtis74. Your hood looks a lot like the long hood version from Ecklers and other venders, which would require me to lose my wiper doors. The only reason why i considered the Canada copany was because the add indicated that they had a short hood version. I think that I will by the 66 427 scoop and add it to my small block hood!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts