Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen pictures on forums of custom painted C5 radio bezels. I was wondering if anybody on here knows of anyone that still makes those. I was told to contact one person that evidently stopped making them.

If not.. I'm wondering if the stock one could be sanded with really fine sand paper to get rid of the texture and then primed, painted, and clearcoated..?

I love the way it looks painted. anyway I appreciate any help.

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
Are you keeping the stock radio?
Several members here have painted their center piece. Yes, you can sand the console, prime and paint it. Easily done :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
Here is a link to one that was done back to stock looking. You can skip the texture part of this process to create a smooth finish. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
If you dont want to do it yourself there is a guy that does it. He is not a forum vebdor so i will PM you the info....He can also make double din consols and have them leather wrapped.

If you want to do it yourself let us know how it turns out, i think there is alot of sanding.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
There's always Pat Scorzetti of American Hydrocarbon. He's a forum vendor and he did my whole center console.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
There's always Pat Scorzetti of American Hydrocarbon. He's a forum vendor and he did my whole center console.

Sweet Junkman. Any pics of it installed?

Pat (Dennis) completed a DD bezel/console for me earlier this summer in his Monoco check pattern. Waiting for my career situation to stablize before I buy my new head unit and finish the install. Aftewards, pics! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Sweet Junkman. Any pics of it installed?

Pat (Dennis) completed a DD bezel/console for me earlier this summer in his Monoco check pattern. Waiting for my career situation to stablize before I buy my new head unit and finish the install. Aftewards, pics! :thumbsup:
I'll be installing the pieces this weekend.

·
Registered
258 Posts
here's some more of Pat's work...we did this last winter...lots of detail work from me, and lots of great work from Pat.

Not a big fan of the look, but damn that is some meticulous and impressive work. :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts