Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ertl recently released a red 1:18 scale '84 as part of their 50th Anniversary Series. The wife and I bought one because on the outside it looked similar to her '87. However, the Crossfire Injection bothered me if for no other reason, because I knew it was wrong. I wanted an '87 to match her 1:1 car. I'd won an '86 Ertl in Yellow off eBay, and as soon as it got here I began the transformation of the '84 into her '87. Besides swapping the motor from the '86 to the '84 (actually, it was easiest to swap the entire chassis and interior), I painted the seats silver to somewhat simulate the graphite seats in her car.

Now I could nit-pick the details all day, but I think the thing that bugs me the most about the Ertl C4's is that the tires are too tall and narrow. Also, on the '84 if you want to get the hatch open you will have to take the body off and remove two "blocks" that prevent the hatch from opening.

Here are some pics of the '87, red with graphite interior.

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Hey Ken,

How about removing some material from the tire tread? Or, maybe round-over where the thread and sidewall meet. It will make the sidewall look shorter. Maybe?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hadn't considered that. I have, however, considered wheel swaps with some of the Maisto's, or even C5's. If I had more C4's to play with, I'd do more cutting and hacking... :(

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
I'll give you a nickel if you upload those pics to our soon-to-be-growing diecast gallery section.....:laughing:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Pretty nice models. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts