Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Custom faceplate color? (Update)

Just finished smoothing the custom faceplate made to work with my new stereo. Question is what would look better a high gloss black or a semi gloss? Leaning toward the clear coated black but afraid it might end up looking out of place.

·
Registered
223 Posts
You did a great job on that :thumbsup: I think if you went high gloss it would stand out to much.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I vote here for semi gloss or even a matte finish. I know when I rebuilt my suspension I used a black bumper paint on the inner fender wells and it looked really nice, might come out kinda like the original if ya want to test it a little bit. One thing I have read, and maybe you know is no matter how much sanding you have done, your probably have silicon on there and you need a silicon remover to get a good paint job.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally got a change to finish it in a semi gloss black. Looks great but might need a priming and wet sanding to make it perfect. Love the new stereo it can make custom font and button colors to match the car.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know if its the exact same one but it has the same capabilities as far as font/button color change. Got mine at Best Buy on sale for 129.99

1 - 7 of 7 Posts