Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Custom Image Corvette's Latest Project :)

The Look is now changed, more simplistic :cheers:

fancy title eh? anyways, Just launched Josh's new site. the store is still a little under works so its down for now and the builds need to be finished up but i figured whatever, might as well launch it and update you guys when I finish more stuff :)

YES this is one of the reasons why i havent worked on my vette recently :) we've been tweaking this site for a month and still arent done with it but screw hiding it :)

what do you guys think (you can click on the picture below to be taken to the site) ? :thumbsup:

www.customimagecorvettes.com

its a bit "busier" than the previous site but i believe it adds a little modern look to it, the other one was plain and simple but we decided to go Custom for this one ;)

Even though i'm currently doing my own LS1 swap, i dont do anything on other people's cars, this [site] is for Josh at Custom Image Corvettes, he's got a body shop (called custom image: corvettes) and he specializes in LS swaps for corvettes but also does a ton of other work, He's currently working on refittingthe corvette previously known as KILLER (now KAOS, you can follow this link: http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142794 )

he also did James' 82 corvette (http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130067)

and the big project he's keeping a little Hush Hush is HIS personal car he's planning on finishing this year (Yeah Josh thats what you said last year) is "The Mistress" Pic below:

He's also doing a few cars for a couple clients in differnet countries but i wont bore you with the details (you can see the projects under "builds>>>Our projects" on the site, i need to update them with pictures soon though)

The store part of his website will be a place where you can buy EVERYTHING you need for, not only LSx swaps, but EVERYTHING you need. He's a dealer for a ton of companies that people want goodies from including VBandP, Bowtie Overdrives, Vansteel and quite a few others. the point of the website is so that people will be able to follow his recent work and if they need a part (or a ton of parts) they can order through him.

His most recent addition to the c3 world are the big/small block sidepipes and headers which are going like crazy, they're currently working on LS1 sidepipes/headers as well as a whole separate division for Fiberglass everything for C3s (this will include not only Custom Image's Custom Flares but a whole selection of body panels, bumpers, and some other products i'll not announce because they will be groundbreaking :) )

BUT we didnt want the site to be just a store, it will be a repository of a wealth of knowledge on swaps and other stuff, thats what the BLOG/Tech Articles area is going to be for, Josh literally has TONS AND TONS of knowledge to share (as can be seen in his LSx swap thread: http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105822) and he's got no problem sharing what he knows with the world.

Anyone that's been following his work on the forums or has had dealings with him knows how he is ;) heck, the only reason IM posting this is because he's busy as heck trying to finish KAOS asap, they've finally got the LSX engine and the end is near (we all hope)

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Looking good!
It needs some tweaks though.. the "Welcome to the Custom Image..." needs to be in another color. It's hard to read with a gray background.

Also:
New Parts In

All new parts and stuff available this week so check out the store now we got Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet. <== :WTF

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking good!
It needs some tweaks though.. the "Welcome to the Custom Image..." needs to be in another color. It's hard to read with a gray background.

Also:
New Parts In

All new parts and stuff available this week so check out the store now we got Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet. <== :WTF
lol the LOREM IPSUM DOLOR(etc) is just filler text i used to populate the site before i out text in so that we could see what it would look like :) good catch :) i;ll fix those after work,

anyone else got suggestions?

·
Registered
237 Posts
It will look good. It's a heavy site, so you have your work cut out for you in populating all areas. (whereas a thin site consists of growing and adding as you go)

From the main page to the other ones (store, blog, etc), there is currently too much change.....loses the theme, etc.....almost appears to take you to a different site. So if the main landing page theme can be carried across to the others, it becomes a richer experience for your visitors and potential customers.

Have fun with it.....I'm sure everyone will like it.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It will look good. It's a heavy site, so you have your work cut out for you in populating all areas. (whereas a thin site consists of growing and adding as you go)

From the main page to the other ones (store, blog, etc), there is currently too much change.....loses the theme, etc.....almost appears to take you to a different site. So if the main landing page theme can be carried across to the others, it becomes a richer experience for your visitors and potential customers.

Have fun with it.....I'm sure everyone will like it.
thast the wonderful thing about it being in Joomla :) i can change the layouts pretty easily once everything is set up :D and thanks

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
New Web Face

Hi Josh! This is NOT a flame!

I found the site to be busy and distracting. It a little buggy also. (SQL error on the store page).
Graphics should accent your text rather than distract from it.

I'm sure you will get it lined out! You have a great start.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Josh! This is NOT a flame!

I found the site to be busy and distracting. It a little buggy also. (SQL error on the store page).
Graphics should accent your text rather than distract from it.

I'm sure you will get it lined out! You have a great start.:thumbsup:
im not Josh but i can answer that :) he wanted a simplistic site, i told him we'd give this style a try first :)

the SQL error on the store page is because we havent imported the store database yet because the store isnt completely set up so i figured no need to import till its ready :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
I guess i'm a little slow but what exactly do you do, sell parts body shop or repair shop. It just seems confusing to me.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I guess i'm a little slow but what exactly do you do, sell parts body shop or repair shop. It just seems confusing to me.
Even though i'm currently doing my own LS1 swap, i dont do anything on other people's cars, this [site] is for Josh at Custom Image Corvettes, he's got a body shop (called custom image: corvettes) and he specializes in LS swaps for corvettes but also does a ton of other work, He's currently working on refittingthe corvette previously known as KILLER (now KAOS, you can follow this link: http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142794 )

he also did James' 82 corvette (http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130067)

and the big project he's keeping a little Hush Hush is HIS personal car he's planning on finishing this year (Yeah Josh thats what you said last year) is "The Mistress" Pic below:

He's also doing a few cars for a couple clients in differnet countries but i wont bore you with the details (you can see the projects under "builds>>>Our projects" on the site, i need to update them with pictures soon though)

The store part of his website will be a place where you can buy EVERYTHING you need for, not only LSx swaps, but EVERYTHING you need. He's a dealer for a ton of companies that people want goodies from including VBandP, Bowtie Overdrives, Vansteel and quite a few others. the point of the website is so that people will be able to follow his recent work and if they need a part (or a ton of parts) they can order through him.

His most recent addition to the c3 world are the big/small block sidepipes and headers which are going like crazy, they're currently working on LS1 sidepipes/headers as well as a whole separate division for Fiberglass everything for C3s (this will include not only Custom Image's Custom Flares but a whole selection of body panels, bumpers, and some other products i'll not announce because they will be groundbreaking :) )

BUT we didnt want the site to be just a store, it will be a repository of a wealth of knowledge on swaps and other stuff, thats what the BLOG/Tech Articles area is going to be for, Josh literally has TONS AND TONS of knowledge to share (as can be seen in his LSx swap thread: http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105822) and he's got no problem sharing what he knows with the world.

Anyone that's been following his work on the forums or has had dealings with him knows how he is ;) heck, the only reason IM posting this is because he's busy as heck trying to finish KAOS asap, they've finally got the LSX engine and the end is near (we all hope)

infact, im going to take this post and include it in the first post, thanks for asking those questions :)

·
Supporting Vendor
3,779 Posts
Good luck with it, Josh is a great guy. I built a 12 bolt & HD T/A's for one of his projects:thumbsup:

·
Registered
66 Posts
please don't take it wrong.
When i entered the 1st time i was simply confused and overwhelmed. Needed too long to get fine with all the "plastered" information and had a negative feeling before really started to surf on the site.

Just my 2cents, reduce the information on the homepage to give a clear clue what is the subject for the site.

On the other hand liked how the background with the concept Vette is arranged.

Greetings
Robert

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
i dont take it the wrong way :) i agree, i love simplicity, this was a new style for me, formatted for web 2.0 :laughing: might have to redo it eventually to make it more simple (not as busy)

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just my 2cents, reduce the information on the homepage to give a clear clue what is the subject for the site.
Greetings
Robert
do me a favor? on the main page, under "Welcome to Custom Image Corvettes V2!", there's a "- close" button. hit that and tell me what you think of how the page looks when its minimized like that? its a bit more simplistic that way and it wouldnt require a complete overhaul to do that :) i have a feeling i will eventually redo the site a bit more ;)

THIS layout is very good for search engines and stuff, SEO (search engine optimization) is a must online nowadays so i'd like to get the site's rep (online) built up a bit before we go with something a bit more casual / simplistic so bear with me :cheers:

·
Registered
470 Posts
too much information on main page
font doesn't pop out of the background as it should (readability)
nice theme

·
Registered
978 Posts
I tried to create an account but where it asks for Personal info and Shipping info theres no where to enter the actual info :crazy: :smack

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I tried to create an account but where it asks for Personal info and Shipping info theres no where to enter the actual info :crazy: :smack
in the store? the store isnt set up yet :) should be done by next weekend though ;) :cheers:

·
Registered
978 Posts
So I can't even sign up yet? Well fine, ill go somewhere else!!

JK! Site looks good by the way. I like the projects and customers car section! Cool stuff:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So I can't even sign up yet? Well fine, ill go somewhere else!!

JK! Site looks good by the way. I like the projects and customers car section! Cool stuff:thumbsup:
:thud:

im working on making it better/faster :) just had to take care of some stuff on the side while trying not to miss any of my kid's milestones :):cheers:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts