Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im currently in the military and stationed in Germany--I had my C5(99) on the lift changing a front light when i noticed greese in the rear right axel---its everywhere-- i have to take it to a german place to get it fixed--i don't want to get screwed and don't know too much about this part--what should i look out for?? how much should this cost?? etc-- i think this happened about two weeks ago and the car has been on base for the most part--driven less then 50 miles--was on the autobond when this happen--going at a good rate of speed--thank you guys for your time and ideas---

·
Registered
133 Posts
Im currently in the military and stationed in Germany--I had my C5(99) on the lift changing a front light when i noticed greese in the rear right axel---its everywhere-- i have to take it to a german place to get it fixed--i don't want to get screwed and don't know too much about this part--what should i look out for?? how much should this cost?? etc-- i think this happened about two weeks ago and the car has been on base for the most part--driven less then 50 miles--was on the autobond when this happen--going at a good rate of speed--thank you guys for your time and ideas---
Put the car back on the lift and clean the complete undercarriage with a quality degreaser. After cleaning things up drive you car around a bit more. Doing this you can pinpoint the location of the leak. While it is not unsual for a CV boot to tear, it isn't very likey to tear under the condition you described unless you hit something. My guess is that you may not have a leak at all; however, more likely fluid overflowed from your transmission as a result of the "good rate of speed" you were traveling at on the Autobahn.

Good luck,

-RR

1 - 2 of 2 Posts