Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you think a '69 would look in cyber gray? I love black but it seems like a disproportionate number of custom C3's (at least on this forum) are black and I'd like to stand out a little more. Seems like it would also be a natural mate for some carbon fiber accents :D

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I like your thinking:thumbsup: I think that is an excellent color. When it comes to picking out my paint I'll have to contract you to do it for me:laughing:

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Two years ago we (my shop) painted a '68 Cyber grey. It looks great. The chrome accents work with the color nicely. I say go for it!
any pics? :D

I wonder if the black interior would work well with it or be a little off. I think the ZR1's have more of a slate interior.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
any pics? :D

I wonder if the black interior would work well with it or be a little off. I think the ZR1's have more of a slate interior.
I can't recall if I took any pics...I looked and can't find any..on this '68 we did a custom 2-tone leather seats. Black sides with slate insets. It looks real nice.

·
Registered
218 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
So that hood does not have the pop up lights correct? Do the lights just shine through the vents?

·
Registered
411 Posts
There is one that has been freshly rebuilt by a local corvette restoration/parts supplier by my house. I have seen it in person and have to say it looks absolutely stunning! i say go for it! i added some extra pics just for funn. (oh btw, this specific one has been appraised for more that $200,000)

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
:smokin:

Definately go for it!

·
Registered
411 Posts
(sorry for hijacking) but im not sure who appraised it. The story behind the car(from what ive learned about it,)is that the owner's dad had it. it was COMPLETELY original. everything. It was a 427 and the owners dad gave it to him. the owner decided he wanted it completely custom, so they dropped a new 454 in and a 5 speed. completely custom interior, seats, carpet, audio, gauges everything. brembo brakes and aftermarket wheels. so idk why it is appraised so high, but next time im in ill definently get the whole story behind it and maybe snap some more pics.

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
218 Posts
(sorry for hijacking) but im not sure who appraised it. The story behind the car(from what ive learned about it,)is that the owner's dad had it. it was COMPLETELY original. everything. It was a 427 and the owners dad gave it to him. the owner decided he wanted it completely custom, so they dropped a new 454 in and a 5 speed. completely custom interior, seats, carpet, audio, gauges everything. brembo brakes and aftermarket wheels. so idk why it is appraised so high, but next time im in ill definently get the whole story behind it and maybe snap some more pics.

I would suspect if someone besides the owner did the work it is appraised off the price of the parts and labor involved.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I agree with that statement. besides the frame and the body, everytjing is all brand new, suspension, engine, interior, everything. so i guess thats probably why it is appraised so high

1 - 18 of 18 Posts