Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHEW!

My parents are moving out of their home in lower DE on November 14th, so we've been busy packing everything up and getting the house cleaned out for their transition. During the packing, I found a pic of my dad's last '62 (he had a black one before this one) that I haven't seen in 8 years. My grandmother gave the pic to my dad when I was in my teens, and the pic sat on a shelf in my parents' bedroom until they moved into the home they are currently in.

A recent basement flooding in their current home has taken its toll on the pic, but I'm glad to see its contents are still viewable. I am going to work on it with Photoshop to try to bring it back up to a better quality photo- However, just knowing it's still in existence, and being able to share it with you guys, makes it even more worth the save! The car was titled the "Grey Ghost" for reasons you can figure out by seeing the pic- Enjoy.

Jim (CHEV66JB)

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jbiii/dads62.jpg

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
CHEV66JB said:
WHEW!

My parents are moving out of their home in lower DE on November 14th, so we've been busy packing everything up and getting the house cleaned out for their transition. During the packing, I found a pic of my dad's last '62 (he had a black one before this one) that I haven't seen in 8 years. My grandmother gave the pic to my dad when I was in my teens, and the pic sat on a shelf in my parents' bedroom until they moved into the home they are currently in.

A recent basement flooding in their current home has taken its toll on the pic, but I'm glad to see its contents are still viewable. I am going to work on it with Photoshop to try to bring it back up to a better quality photo- However, just knowing it's still in existence, and being able to share it with you guys, makes it even more worth the save! The car was titled the "Grey Ghost" for reasons you can figure out by seeing the pic- Enjoy.

Jim (CHEV66JB)

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jbiii/dads62.jpg
OUCH! That picture loads slow. Why don't you upload it to the gallery? Or, give me permission to do so?!

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re:

It's probably getting alot of hits b/c I put the link on 3 sites 8^]

You have full permission to load it to the gallery!

Jim (CHEV66JB)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re:

Actually, I have a version that someone has already updated! If you guys can tell me what I need to do to post it (like the one above), I'll gladly add it on!

Jim (CHEV66JB)

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Re: Re:

CHEV66JB said:
Actually, I have a version that someone has already updated! If you guys can tell me what I need to do to post it (like the one above), I'll gladly add it on!

Jim (CHEV66JB)
Go to the "4,600 Corvette Pics" menu choice up above, then choose upload photos. Then fill in the blanks and follow the instructions. You'll be good to go.:excited:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great story.

What year was that picture taken? Beautiful '62, but what did he do to the exhaust? :(

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re:

That pic was taken somewhere around '63-'64. The exhaust was what was known as "scavenger pipes"- I believe they were nothing but straight pipe with no mufflers... Bet the neighbors loved that!

Jim (CHEV66JB)

·
Registered
2 Posts
haha thats awesome :partyon:

My neighbors aren't too fond of my cars .. 'specially the 62 .. with the new cam they've refered to it as "a thunderstorm"

:rolling:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts