Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Administrator
10,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BG produced only 25,831 2022 Corvettes, exacerbating the very high demand situation, the number of high-profit flippings, and the dealer markups. Because of GM's dealer agreements, there is not much they can do about the markups except reduce the number of allocations to a dealer. BG production in the early years of the C5, the C6, and the C7 averaged above 30,000 in each of their first 2 full (~12 month) model years. The 3rd year of production for the C6 and the C7 BOTH reached over 40,000 units.

The Pandemic conditions surrounding the release of the C8 certainly justify a pattern change. Add to that the uniqueness of the new generation and the dramatically increased interest from the younger generations and everyone here knows about the C8 damand. Perhaps THE most impact GM can make on the situation is to produce more C8s. If the current trend is maintained, that is exactly what we will see for the 2023 model year. I've been watching the daily production of the C8 and for a while now it's been just under 200 units a day. Depending upon the number of production weeks, that makes for a pretty large production year. If BG ends up with only 44 weeks of C8 production which averages 182 units a day, that would translate to a 40,040 unit year. That same rate for 48 weeks would be almost 44,000 units. Even the lower 40k level would amount to a 55% increase in supply. We know there are still some closures due to constraints, but much fewer this calendar year than last year.

We could soon be seeing an end to the C8 Supply and Demand Pricing debacle.

Reactions: HN376RAR

· Premium Member
1,414 Posts
Torch and I were at NCM a couple of weeks ago and the floor was full of museum deliveries. The staging room was full and the holding area just south of the place was full. Bet there was close to seventy cars in the holding area. I would agree with your assessment that production is on an upward trend.

· DC PIT CREW BOSS
25,642 Posts
It was a shame diz. All those C8s just sitting there and they wouldn't let us drive even one of them

· Administrator
10,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The NCM Motorsports Park fees vary based on the calendar. To drive their C8 for 30 minutes on the 3.2mile track this Thursday at 9:00 AM costs $320. Holidays are listed separately so I have no doubt the prices increase considerably. They have some interesting packages:
Drive your own car for an hour $132.50
Drive a Camaro and a Corvette for an hour $742.00
Drive a Camaro SS 1LE Touring Laps 30 minutes $291.50
Drive a C8 Corvette Laps 30 minutes $320

All of the above prices are for this Thursday. I did NOT shop different days because their online system is sort of a pain to use for this purpose.

Reactions: HN376RAR

· Administrator
10,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, driving one of their cars is the smart move. In an hour on the track, you could scrub off more than $300 worth of rubber. Checked today and told me to expect a call in the next 30 days to place my MSRP C8 order. I need to decide in that time if I want to risk a Jan/Feb NCM delivery and a 2200 mile drive home. NCM has more than doubled in size since Sep 2006 when I picked up my C6.

· Administrator
10,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The daily production trend has dropped. Not sure why. There is no model or options information that accompanies the "Production Units Completed" information. For the last week +, the production rate has been about 27k/ year. That's a big drop. My guess is that they have been spooling up lots of Z06s and they have yet to achieve the same assembly speed as that of the Stingray. Today's units is higher than this past week.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts