Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dale Jr. annouced he will not be with DEI next year. Rumors are he will sign with Richard Childress racing:surprised

:cheers:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dale is having a new conference at 11am Eastern on ESPN.

Rumor is DEI(Teresa) will change the company name after Dale leaves:surprised

·
DC Crew
9,475 Posts
Dale Jr and Childress would be a good fit. Dale is a great driver, I think a change maybe what he needs to get back in the winners circle.

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Dale is having a new conference at 11am Eastern on ESPN.

Rumor is DEI(Teresa) will change the company name after Dale leaves:surprised

Yep when Dale Jr. leaves she will be changing the name of the company to

DEFUNCT :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Dale Jr and Childress would be a good fit. Dale is a great driver, I think a change maybe what he needs to get back in the winners circle.
I wouldn't call jr a great driver, he only has 17 wins out of 265 races. He's 10th among active drivers in wins. He's a good driver, but not great. He needs more wins and some championships to be called great.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Essentially everybody that drives in NASCAR is a "good" driver. I don't follow racing but it seems that, from my perspective, Dale Jr. really hasn't racked up many wins. He seems more famous because of his roots and that party boy image he has. Still, it probably doesn't suck to be him.

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
IMHO, Eury Jr is holding him back. I know there was a time when they had a falling out, and now back together, but I hope he stays at DEI and doesn't follow Dale to wherever he goes. We'll see then if it has been Dale or the crew that makes the mistakes. Dale is a really good driver, needs to be hungrier for wins, though, and maybe the thought of rubbing a championship in Mom-in-law's face may be the boost he needs.

·
Registered
16,601 Posts
I am predicting right now that Dale Jr will end up signing a contract with Joe Gibbs Racing.

Why not RCR or HMS?
  • Dale Jr wants to go to a successful race team to run for championships. RCR is capable of winning races, but not consistently enough to win a championship.
  • Dale Jr. said he wants to drive the 3 car, but not until much later in his career.
  • HMS is a winning group, but they already have 4 teams and 5 satellite teams
  • Dale Jr wants JR motorsports to be an extension of the team he goes to. RCR and HMS already have Busch teams and driver development programs.
So why Joe Gibbs?
  • Dale Jr. loves the Redskins
  • Joe Gibbs is an idol of Dale Jr.
  • JGR only fields 3 cars right now. They can fit a fourth (if necessary).
  • JGR is the most competitive organization right now outside of HMS (especially with the COT).
  • Dale JR, Tony Stewart, and Denny Hamlin are very good friends.
  • Dale specifically mentioned in his press conference that he talked to Dale Jarrett and Bobby Labonte for advice on his decision. Where did DJ and Bobby used to work? That's right, JGR (in the 18 Interstate Batteries car)
  • The 18 car (JJ Yeley) isn't performing right now, and there's speculation JGR is turning up the heat. If he isn't more successful, they may look for a driver change (if necessary).
  • Dale JR won't get the number 8 when he leaves, so he'll need a new one. I predict he'll take over the 18 car and it's associated owners points. Budweiser will be the primary sponsor and Interstate Batteries will switch to an associate sponsor.
  • Why is the 18 significant? It combines the two major car numbers from DEI (1 , 8). Both numbers meant something to his father.
  • JGR has a small Busch program (falls in line with JRs plans to integrate his company)
So you see, there is no need to wait for the announcement. I've already shared with you his decision (supposedly before he's talked to anyone). ;)

·
Premium Member
7,092 Posts
I'm thinking along the same lines as you Kyle. While RCR would be every Dale Jr's wish, I just don't see it happening right now. The #8 is owned by DEI, so yep he'll need a new number, and 18 is probably it, thus JGR.

And.......I've got a suspicion Bud is going to stay with him wherever he goes.

I'm glad he's leaving DEI. I didn't like Theresa(sp?) even when Sr was still alive. You can see how she runs the company, just look at what direction the team has been headed the past few seasons. I think even Michael Waltrip saw the handwriting on the wall. He said he wanted to get his own team together, but DEI had something to do with him leaving (IMO).

You'll see Eury Jr and the entire team go with him to a new team. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
16,601 Posts
I think even Michael Waltrip saw the handwriting on the wall. He said he wanted to get his own team together, but DEI had something to do with him leaving (IMO).
Maybe that's why Michael can't make a race this year? He learned his managing technique from Teresa! :D

The Shield said:
You'll see Eury Jr and the entire team go with him to a new team. :thumbsup:
I actually hope this doesn't happen. I think Eury Jr is holding Dale back. He should take Pops with him. That's where the real magic was! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
RCR owns number 3 which Jr has expressed interest in running. Teresa said she may to agree to a merger with a Ford team. Waltrip left because of Teresa. I heard that from one of Daryl Waltrip's crew and reported to Patrick a year ago.

Joe gibbs is a good guy and I would not mind seeing JR go there.

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Jr's actually grooming a new set of "next gen" NASCAR drivers at JR motorsports....they'll be like movie stars....Ricky Carmichael, Danica Patrick, and DJ on a race team....talk about merchandising and cross pollenation of the media industry. Ricky is about to drive in Truck or Busch series and the talks with Patrick are ongoing. Now, the real kicker is...the rest of this year...how is his team's loyalties gonna go? To Mrs. E or to Jr? If Jr has some "unexplained" difficulties or severe wrecks, don't think for a second it's unintentional.The other direction would be JR dominates for hte rest of the season to run it in MrsE's face, but only to bring her more $$$ , so thats not real likely.Why would he try to bring a championship to a woman he can't stand and a company he's leaving. On the other hand, MrsE, with the "help" of the team, can make JR look horrible for the rest of the season with a few bad adjustments, false spotter info and plain ol sabatoge.It's nastier than the media lets on. Also, you can probally expect some negative "family secrets" to sneek into the media to further try and damage JR's career.

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
I can't imagine that Tony Jr. and Steve Hmiel would sabotage JR's race. After all, the franchise is leaving the company. What makes you think they won't be looking for new opportunities as well?
Eury and crew work for Mrs E, not JR, he's just hired help as well.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
I can't imagine that Tony Jr. and Steve Hmiel would sabotage JR's race. After all, the franchise is leaving the company. What makes you think they won't be looking for new opportunities as well?
If word ever got out that they sabotaged Jr's car, their NASCAR careers would be over.

Nobody would ever hire them again.

·
Premium Member
7,092 Posts
I'll be surprised if Eury Jr doesn't go with Dale, even though he's employed by DEI. They had their differences a couple of years ago, but they are cousins who act like brothers. As for sabotage or throwing races, won't happen. Sure DEI will get more $$ the better Jr does, BUT, Jr is all about winning and don't think for a moment that he doesn't want to win again this season just to spite his step-bitch, err, I mean mom.

I'm still with Kyle on the JGR possibility, but still think RCR may be in the mix as well. Time will tell.......

1 - 20 of 26 Posts