1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
I'm a bandwagon Mavericks fan. I don't really enjoy watching basketball until the last five minutes of the game. So I keep up with them all year long through the sports page, and then start watching when the playoffs begin. Since I only see them after long gaps of not watching, it is very noticeable how Dirk has matured and become such a dominant player since the last time I saw him. The biggest difference I see is his confidence level. He's not intimidated by anybody. Hope they play Miami in the playoffs. It will be tough, but I would love to see them make up for the collapse in 2006. Go Mavs!

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I'm a bandwagon Mavericks fan. I don't really enjoy watching basketball until the last five minutes of the game. So I keep up with them all year long through the sports page, and then start watching when the playoffs begin. Since I only see them after long gaps of not watching, it is very noticeable how Dirk has matured and become such a dominant player since the last time I saw him. The biggest difference I see is his confidence level. He's not intimidated by anybody. Hope they play Miami in the playoffs. It will be tough, but I would love to see them make up for the collapse in 2006. Go Mavs!
:agree:
I am the same way. Not a everyday fan but I always pull for my home teams. Im glad for the Mavs and I would love to see them beat the Heat if it was in the cards.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Baseball, Basketball & Hockey are my "playoff sports". I only watch the playoff games.. :laughing:

But I do watch the mavs fold every year, so this is a nice change of pace.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll take whoever the Mavericks are playing in four :laughing:
I think I would be willing to bet against a sweep. How much you thinking?

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
I'll take whoever the Mavericks are playing in four :laughing:
You mean you haven't learned your lesson yet? Your Yankees got humbled by our Rangers last year - and I still haven't forgotten about that steak dinner I have coming. :nuts:

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Huh?:huh:
I'm sorry, a fair weather fan would not have known that the Yankees have won 27 world championships while the Rangers have won none. It's tough to be on top every year and some, like the Rangers, find it easier to be on the bottom. :laughing:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
I'm sorry, a fair weather fan would not have known that the Yankees have won 27 world championships while the Rangers have won none. It's tough to be on top every year and some, like the Rangers, find it easier to be on the bottom. :laughing:
Oh, should have known it was the ramblings of somone who supports an aging team full of people trying to survive on stories of past glory. :laughing:

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Oh, should have known it was the ramblings of somone who supports an aging team full of people trying to survive on stories of past glory. :laughing:
Looks like they are surviving quite well...... now back to the Mavericks, they play basketball or soccer? :laughing:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Looks like they are surviving quite well...... now back to the Mavericks, they play basketball or soccer? :laughing:
I guess we'll begin to find out in the next few days. I'm not a serious basketball fan, so I admit no deep knowledge of the game. But their wins in the playoffs so far have been pretty impressive - especially the way they dispatched the Lakers.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
How about no, I know nothing of the Mavericks or the NBA for that matter. Whenever someone cheers for their time I call for a sweep........ Tex knows :laughing:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How about no, I know nothing of the Mavericks or the NBA for that matter. Whenever someone cheers for their time I call for a sweep........ Tex knows :laughing:
We all know. I just like to see it in print.:laughing:

·
Registered
889 Posts
Congratulations to the Mavericks. They are playing some of the best basketball that I have ever seen them play. Even when they play bad they still win.

I would imagine the Heat will beat the Bulls and we will see them in the finals.

Just FYI, Mav's won both times they played the Heat in the regular season this year. I'm just sayin...

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
No excuses here we pay for middle of the road players in baseball and get above average results. :D

source http://content.usatoday.com/sportsdata/baseball/mlb/salaries/team

As far as the Mavs go they do pay a pretty good salary. Guess that explains some of why we should be contending for these championships. I dont see a sweep but the Heat may be a tough cookie to beat 4 times. We will see. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts