Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well imdriving down U.S 19 when i see a lime green bike (prob a ninja,dont know how many cc's if someone could tell that would be awsome) pulling out of a micky d's and flying to catch up to me and at around 40 he's chillin at my door lookin at me so it decide to go all out and gun it and so he does the same and we're neck and neck and i almost didnt wonna shift to lose ground but i did ,and out off all the times ive evr raced why did i have to miss 4th to the only vehicle who really gave me a run for my money,man i think i would have had him uptop to,this is not a kill story but it could have been! man it seems like im posting here evry week,ineed to take it easy,well till next time..................i'll make sure not to miss any gears.

GOOD DAY!

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
:thud:

shoudve got an auto:smack

·
Registered
939 Posts
It's all good man, its stories like that make us want to go out hunting another day just so we get it right. You'll get him next time!

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
lmao there was this porche that wouldnt even race me today....he wouldnt even look over!:rolling:

·
Registered
939 Posts
lmao there was this porche that wouldnt even race me today....he wouldnt even look over!:rolling:
I get that same thing from Boxsters all the time... they don't want any!!!!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Are you kidding, ok, so may be they fell for the, "Oh it's a much more refined car than the Vette" BS from the Porsche salesman, but there not entirely insane.

If I'm in a boxster sitting next to a C6, I don't even acknowledge your existence.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
he must have herd my lg pros and stingers :devil:

·
Registered
939 Posts
Are you kidding, ok, so may be they fell for the, "Oh it's a much more refined car than the Vette" BS from the Porsche salesman, but there not entirely insane.

If I'm in a boxster sitting next to a C6, I don't even acknowledge your existence.
The C6 is just in another echelon of sports car. I wouldn't turn one down if someone is trying to give one to me, after all, it is a Porsche, so thats kinda cool, but in a shootout on the streets, the boxster goes down in flames :laughing:

·
Registered
752 Posts
yea i know what your saying, its just that those bikes are all hella fast. the only one that i've been able to beat is a 250 ninja and im puttin down quite a bit of power for an L98. so i figured it was prolly a 250, must be a very new one.

btw, side note... what gears did you go with? i'm lookin to put some in, i'm thinkin 3.54 right now. currently i'm running with 2.73 w/ an automatic. also where and how much did you get them for?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea i know what your saying, its just that those bikes are all hella fast. the only one that i've been able to beat is a 250 ninja and im puttin down quite a bit of power for an L98. so i figured it was prolly a 250, must be a very new one.

btw, side note... what gears did you go with? i'm lookin to put some in, i'm thinkin 3.54 right now. currently i'm running with 2.73 w/ an automatic. also where and how much did you get them for?
when i purchased the car i was told it has 4.10 gears(also came with shift kit),wich sucks cuz i get 12 mpg and there loud as hell,sounds like a supercharger in my rearend,i hope to be getting smaller ones,the car topes out at like 137

·
Registered
347 Posts
well imdriving down U.S 19 when i see a lime green bike (prob a ninja,dont know how many cc's if someone could tell that would be awsome) pulling out of a micky d's and flying to catch up to me and at around 40 he's chillin at my door lookin at me so it decide to go all out and gun it and so he does the same and we're neck and neck and i almost didnt wonna shift to lose ground but i did ,and out off all the times ive evr raced why did i have to miss 4th to the only vehicle who really gave me a run for my money,man i think i would have had him uptop to,this is not a kill story but it could have been! man it seems like im posting here evry week,ineed to take it easy,well till next time..................i'll make sure not to miss any gears.

GOOD DAY!
It was probably a newer Ninja 600/636, a lot of those and Gixxers around here in Tampa.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Dude - I feel your pain. This green two wheeled machine has been terrorizing the streets now for a while. Those missed shifts will cost ya big time.

:laug
hing:
I ran one of those last week . Just to make it fair , I parked the Vette , got out and took off on two legs . Good thing I was wearing my Nike running shoes . They stick like glue , sort of like having drag radials . She was a good sport about it . She gave me a " thumbs up " as she drove off into the sunset . Now , if I can just remember where I parked my car ... :laughing:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I ran one of those last week . Just to make it fair , I parked the Vette , got out and took off on two legs . Good thing I was wearing my Nike running shoes . They stick like glue , sort of like having drag radials . She was a good sport about it . She gave me a " thumbs up " as she drove off into the sunset . Now , if I can just remember where I parked my car ... :laughing:
thats the one,same rider and all!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts