Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:down: I recently posted my problem with the Check Engine Light. I got a code 33. So I changed both burn-off & power relays and still got the code 33. So I replaced the MAF sensor with a rebuilt unit (with a 1 year warranty). Now I get a code 36 which is a problem with the MAF burn-off circuit. So I replaced the relays again, disconnected the battery to erase codes and happily drove away. After about 15 minutes driving in the city the Check Engine Light came on again. When I got home I switched the engine off and got my trusty old bent paper clip to read the codes. Code 36 again. Removed the relays, cleaned the contacts and put in the old relays back on again. (The old relays are only two years old) Erased the codes and started the engine and let it idle for about 30 minutes with an occasional "blip" to the gas pedal. No Check Engine Light this time but have not got the time to take it out to give it a good run. OK, what do I check if I get code 36 again? Some manuals state that there is a burn-off module under the passenger's side hush panel, near the ECM. Is this true? Can it be the culprit? How do I test it before I go out and buy a new one? It bugs me to buy parts just to check out if the ones in the car are OK. Plus, I don't have another C4 to change parts with to see what is wrong with the ones in my car. DAMN SENSORS :nuts:
Anybody knows where I can get a C4 (1987) shop manual? I even tried eBay with no results.:huh:

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
I have a 89 manual with PDF's

I have a 85 manual paper edition

Let me know what you need...89 should be the same I believe

·
Registered
41 Posts
Check out Helms Publishing. They have the Service Manuals at a reasonable price. Here is the site www.helminc.com. I just checked $75.00 and comes with a couple of Supplements. Also is in stock. Very good Manuals, nice to have. I'm not sure of a relay by the ECM though.

Greg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts