·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got rid of that mess I had before but now I have;

P0118H Engine coolant sensor circuit high voltage
P0420HC &
P0430HC Both are catalyst system low efficiency
P2068H Fuel Level Sensor B circuit high.
Been having fuel gauge problems and the car is randomly stalling out while driving.
Now what in the hell am I up against now?

·
Banned
591 Posts
do you have a shop manual ?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you have a shop manual ?
I have both volumes, P2068 is not even listed.
I see where you can replace the coolant sensor but it doesn't say anything that I can find about circuit high voltage. I don't think the sensor is bad I believe I have another condition.
With the catalyst system being current the forward two o2 sensors control fuel trim so it might be I need new cats. I have already replaced the sensors. The manuals are for dealer mechanics who have all the necessary test equipment to diagnose these problems. Most of the time a member will experience the same conditions and can offer tricks and recommmendations, this is somewhat the solution I am looking for. I don't have the test equipment to go through 10 pages of fuel system checks.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Your asking for help yet do not say what year vette is, what mods it has, if any repairs done recently or how many miles on it as that would narrow what causes can be

Sound like you have **** gas in,

MAY EXHIBIT ERRATIC FUEL GAUGE READINGS, ILLUMINATED MIL, AND DTC P0463, P2068 AND/OR B1202, B2627 MAY BE PRESENT.

THIS CONDITION MAY OCCUR DUE TO SULFUR CONTAMINATION FOUND IN SOME LOCAL FUELS WHICH MAY CAUSE TEMPORARY CONTAMINATION OF THE FUEL SENDER CARD.
BEFORE REPLACING ANY COMPONENT, CLEAR DTC'S, DRAIN FUEL TANK (IF FACILITIES PERMIT), ADD TECHRON CONCENTRATE PLUS FUEL SYSTEM CLEANER AND ADVISE TO USE AN ALTERNATE BRAND OF FUEL.

Test fuel to find out the amount of ethanol it has could be as bad a having E85 or E10 that has gone bad which will also corrupt the 02 sensors and screw the CATs up

Got rid of that mess I had before but now I have;

P0118H Engine coolant sensor circuit high voltage
P0420HC &
P0430HC Both are catalyst system low efficiency
P2068H Fuel Level Sensor B circuit high.
Been having fuel gauge problems and the car is randomly stalling out while driving.
Now what in the hell am I up against now?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thankyou, now we are getting somewhere. 2004 coupe, only mods are full corsa exhaust, 86000 miles. We have e10 here and I use an antigunk fuel additive once in awhile. I change the iginition due to other codes, they seem to have gone away. Thorougly cleaned all the grounds and battery connections. Sorry about not providing the info.
Your asking for help yet do not say what year vette is, what mods it has, if any repairs done recently or how many miles on it as that would narrow what causes can be

Sound like you have **** gas in,

MAY EXHIBIT ERRATIC FUEL GAUGE READINGS, ILLUMINATED MIL, AND DTC P0463, P2068 AND/OR B1202, B2627 MAY BE PRESENT.

THIS CONDITION MAY OCCUR DUE TO SULFUR CONTAMINATION FOUND IN SOME LOCAL FUELS WHICH MAY CAUSE TEMPORARY CONTAMINATION OF THE FUEL SENDER CARD.
BEFORE REPLACING ANY COMPONENT, CLEAR DTC'S, DRAIN FUEL TANK (IF FACILITIES PERMIT), ADD TECHRON CONCENTRATE PLUS FUEL SYSTEM CLEANER AND ADVISE TO USE AN ALTERNATE BRAND OF FUEL.

Test fuel to find out the amount of ethanol it has could be as bad a having E85 or E10 that has gone bad which will also corrupt the 02 sensors and screw the CATs up

1 - 5 of 5 Posts