Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, help me out with this one. Here is the history:

About a month ago, check engine light came on with some codes. I cleared the codes and drove the car 3-4 times with no issues. Light stayed off.

Saturtday == Im driving the car, no problems. Doing about 35 mph, and gas it a little. Check Engine Light comes back on again. Here are the codes this time:

PCM
P0440HC

BO-RFA 1096

BO RFA 1064h, 1016h

Im not concerned about the BO codes, but am the PCM code. These are the codes that appeared right after I brought it home and got them. The car isn't driven but 3-4 times a month. Would sitting cause the PCM problem or gas buildup?

Wonder if i shoudl take it out on the interstate and "blow it out"? anyone else had similiar code?

Thanks a million.

Oh -- its a 2000 C5, automatic with 75k miles.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I had a check engine light years back...

It was a spark plug wire that was loose on one of the spark plugs..

In the garage...with the lights out..>I checked for sparks traveling from the wire to the plug...

If you can't see it then take the beauty covers off and unplug the hood light...

Remember its a single click on the spark plugs and double click on the coils ...

Just taking a guess but it worked for me years back.

www.corvettemechanic.com and ask the question there..

JMO

·
Mo-Fo
7,510 Posts
It's an evaporative emission (evap) code. I can drive my car for two or three hours, park it for a couple and then get in and drive it. And every single time, I get the CEL and a code for my 02 sensor. I just reset it and forget it. I've had it checked out a dozen times and nobody can find any reason for it. I just live with it. I wouldn't worry. The HC means you've had it before (H-history) and it's a code. :cheers:

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
The HC means you've had it before (H-history) and it's a code. :cheers:
I believe the C stands for current, meaning current problem. Your right aboat the H meaning history and it being a problem from the past. So the HC means there's a problem now that has happened in the past.

:cheers:

Jr.

·
Only green will do...
18,403 Posts
Same thing happens to me my mechanic couldnt find any problems but its a van not a vette i just live with it otherwise it would drive me crazy

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Check your gas cap. The gas cap seal is part of the evap. system

1 - 6 of 6 Posts