Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, mice have invaded my Vette, ruined the rear carpeting and gotten under my dash. Besides making the whole thing smell like mouse piss, they have chewed through a vacuum line under the passenger side dash and eaten the ins. off of one wire,(that I know of). How do I remove the top of the dash?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have a scan for the upper trim pad removal for 95, believe they are the same or very close. PM me your e-mail if you would like to have said scan

·
Registered
872 Posts
Using a long torx (T15 if I remember correctly) remove all air vents from the dash. On the passenger side pop out the little square cover to access the two torx screws. The left and center vents have 7mm screws holding the dash in place. Open to passenger door and remove the fuse cover and the three torx screws to reveal the screw holding the small side vent and a small bracket holding the edge of the dash. Remove the three 10mm screws from passenger vent area as well. Now pull the dash up slightly and pull gently.

·
Registered
1 Posts
93 dash pad removal

Hi, guys just wondering if anyone out there has replaced the Dash pad on their c4. I'm told it's not as hard as it looks

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have an 86 with the Atari dash, but I have had my dash pad off and back on. If you re talking about replacing your existing dash pad with a totally different one, if you can remove your existing one you should be able to put a different one on. To take mine out and put it back in was not difficult, time consuming yes but not difficult.

In my case it was remove the bezels off the instrument cluster and center of the dash. Find all the screws that held the dash on, IIRC there were a number along the front of the dash and a couple in the defroster vents. Once they were all out, you pulled and gripped the dash pad and pulled it away from the windshield lifting it a little at the same time till the clips unhooked from the dash framework. Once that was done it was off and just move it out of the way. Installation was the reverse.

·
Registered
29 Posts
How can that happen?

How can a mice invade a car? I am asking so we can protect our cars. This is the second story I am reading in the past 2 days about a mouse invading a certain area of a car. Yesterarday's was a Subaru. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
How can a mice invade a car? I am asking so we can protect our cars. This is the second story I am reading in the past 2 days about a mouse invading a certain area of a car. Yesterarday's was a Subaru. Thank you.
On another board Im on it happens all the time,not just in Vette's.I was doing a brake job on my Pontiac G6 & laid the hub caps under the car port for a few days,dam squirrels chewed em up.
Recent
http://www.chevytalk.org/fusionbb/s...63/post/2706787/hl/mice/fromsearch/1/#2706787

Thats just 1 from A LOT !
Did you know? Mice can squeeze through spaces as small as a dime.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a scan for the upper trim pad removal for 95, believe they are the same or very close. PM me your e-mail if you would like to have said scan
Hello just read your post and I need to do the same thing can you please email me the scan for upper trim pad removal for my 94 corvette thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Could you send it to me as well. Not sure what method you can use. Regards, Steve

1 - 14 of 14 Posts