Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any comments on these cars ? I have a friend who has one that wants to race me soon :laughing:

I've always looked down on his car for being Japanese but I'd like to see what it can do against my 86.

What are your thoughts ?

·
DC Crew
4,826 Posts
I had a 280ZX and loved that car. Stock it's no contest you'd smoke him. But there is a popular Chevy V8 conversion (like a 350). He'll probably smoke you if that's been done. The 240's were pretty light and with a 350 it would be fast!

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I had a new 1975 280Z 2+2. The car had 175 hp( no smog) and was pretty quick but I surely wouldn't call it fast .

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
With all due respect, the car is no longer a Datsun 240Z. So we are no longer talking about a legit comparison. In fact, we are speculating as to what the other car may be, not what it , in fact, is.

·
DC Crew
32,981 Posts
With all due respect, the car is no longer a Datsun 240Z. So we are no longer talking about a legit comparison. In fact, we are speculating as to what the other car may be, not what it , in fact, is.
It doesn't change the fact that it is still a 240Z it just has a bigger motor. The car that is brought up in this thread has no info with it so you can't say what it is. If that yellow Z ran into you on the road and wiped you up you would have to say you got beat by a 240Z

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I disagree, it's not a 240Z. It's a 240Z body with a XXX drivetrain. If you had 2 cars parked side by side and one was a Datsun 240Z with the original 6 cyl engine, trans and diff and the other had a small block 427 with an air shift auto and a 9" chopped Ford rear and you were asked to identify the 240Z, which car would you choose?

Oh and I'll hold my breath until I get "Wiped up" by a built 240Z:rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.