Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined the group mostly to keep up with fellow Vette enthusiasts but also to solicit help from anyone who may be of help solving a recent issue with getting my C4 emissions tested.

The short version of the issue is the Ct. Emissions equipment will not connect with my on board computer.
Readiness Monitor malfunction. There are no codes from OBDII. Car is stored from November to Spring and started once per month. Did the drive exercise to allow for monitors to reset. just installed new plugs (havn't tried connnecting since new plugs installed).......We're stymied!
Ct. Emissions suggest flashing computer.
This car is an LT1 but has cam and other modifications; car may have performance chip.....I bought the car in 1999...upgrades were performed by last owner.
Any help and opinions are welcomed.

·
DC Crew
32,976 Posts
Welcome to the site. You will find more helpful answers to your problem if you post about it in the C-4 section. Good luck.

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Just joined the group mostly to keep up with fellow Vette enthusiasts but also to solicit help from anyone who may be of help solving a recent issue with getting my C4 emissions tested.

The short version of the issue is the Ct. Emissions equipment will not connect with my on board computer.
Readiness Monitor malfunction. There are no codes from OBDII. Car is stored from November to Spring and started once per month. Did the drive exercise to allow for monitors to reset. just installed new plugs (havn't tried connnecting since new plugs installed).......We're stymied!
Ct. Emissions suggest flashing computer.
This car is an LT1 but has cam and other modifications; car may have performance chip.....I bought the car in 1999...upgrades were performed by last owner.
Any help and opinions are welcomed.
Welcome to the site, here's a good read about readiness monitors. This may answer your questions:

http://www.wivip.com/V12007rev2.pdf

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Welcome to DC.

The 96 was a transitional year in that it had monitor controls that are different from 95 and 97. Most shops refused to mod my 96 because of this.

Good luck.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Welcome! Welcome! Welcome! to DC :cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts