Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looking for feed back on.

Davis Unified Ignition (Distributor)

I thinking of upgrading the Distributor in my 1986 C4.

The stock one still works it has 145000 miles on it now I was thinkng of putting a new Ignition module in it but I was also thinking the bearings and other stuff inside have still 145000 miles on them so mite as well replace it all.

The reason behide this one the guys at work has a 1985 C4 New Motor trans ect He didn't replace his Stock Distributor and way home from work at 12:00 AM it quit on him middle of Desert 20 miles aways from any thing with no Cell phone signal Not Good He got lucky one of the guys was behide him gave him a ride home that night.

I know I can go down to Napa and get a replacement but also could just buy a better one.

·
DC Crew
20,699 Posts
I just had to replace mine and was happy to finally ditch the HEI style.

As many other C4ers have, I went with MSD w/external coil. Frees up some space, durable construction, adds responsiveness and way fewer little parts to go wrong under the cap.

If you buy the wire harnesses, it's easy plug and play. The harnesses were the only added cost over top that of a new replacement HEI distributor.

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143984

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
does the MSD fit under the TPI cover. Mines going to be all polished out, dont want the distributor showing
The Davis units look solid, wonder if they fit

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
sweet...:smokin:

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
I just had to replace mine and was happy to finally ditch the HEI style.

As many other C4ers have, I went with MSD w/external coil. Frees up some space, durable construction, adds responsiveness and way fewer little parts to go wrong under the cap.

If you buy the wire harnesses, it's easy plug and play. The harnesses were the only added cost over top that of a new replacement HEI distributor.

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143984
:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

I kick myself for not making the change several years ago. It's so nice to put plug wires on and off without a crow bar..:laughing:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts