Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just now watching the 1-lap footage. I noticed on high-RPM deceleration I see exhaust that looks like oil... there is a small chance it's fuel... hard to tell.

The car doesn't appear to be using much oil though... the whole week of racing, and thousands of miles, I only had to add 2 quarts.

I don't really see anything on acceleration. This motor has been raped, and has 34k miles now. It's seen some hard times.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I think you pretty much summed it up by saying the car has been raped.:laughing: Not having seen what you're talking about with only having to add 2 quarts I would lean toward fuel, though my oppinion is not 100% professional.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
High rpm + low load = Ring flutter...letting oil get sucked past the rings. A compression check will probably show all cylinders having good compression.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
If you ever go to sell it - use an Allias....:laughing:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
High rpm + low load = Ring flutter...letting oil get sucked past the rings. A compression check will probably show all cylinders having good compression.
:agree: I noticed that in Co. but it wasn't a repetitive thing so I gave it no thought.

·
Supporting Vendor
152 Posts

Doing A leak down will manifest which cylinder is bad.

Al.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Hey Patrick when do we get to meet Al at one of these events that require a mechanic?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts