Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

81 - 100 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Awesome! Count me in!

Here's my story:

My dad was always into Corvettes and owned several in his life. When he passed away, it was my mission to find one in his memory. His last was a 1986 2-tone silver coupe.

"Alexa" is a 1985 Z51 Coupe. She had 55,000 miles when I bought her in 2003. I try to do as much work as possible on my own, because as much of a challenge and PITA as it can be, there's an odd serenity about just working on her in my garage. Needless to say, I've learned A LOT.

Now she's got a fresh coat of paint (prepped by me and shot in my garage by a friend). Paint prep link I'm still really proud of that. I've also replaced all the gaskets on the old L98, completely rebuilt the brake calipers and replaced the OD unit on the 4+3 transmission, a well as all the nickel and dime stuff that C4's will get you on.

I've entered her in various shows here and placed 1st and 2nd in the "Early C4" categories with some regularity.

Exterior is Medium Grey Metallic. Interior is Graphite with Sport Seats and remains stock (with the exception of a new stereo and manual switches for the antenna and cooling fan in the ash tray). Engine was recently upgraded to a ZZ4 with TPIS long tube headers, making 241 RWHP and 342ft/lbs RWTQ.

Fresh Paint

Engine (the original L98)

Interior

Thanks for checking her out! :thumbsup:
Great looking ride! were can i get one of thoses leather covers for my wheel?

·
Registered
633 Posts
heres mine, its not much but i picked it up for 3500 bucks at a public auction earlier this year. Ran totally fine till i decided to do a burnout and finish off the tranny. Its a 94 with 116,000 on it. i added corbeau suede seats and stole the wheels off my c6 till i can get tires for my old c5 custom wheels

sorry for the crappy pic, my camera isnt working right
[/IMG]
This looks a little like my '94! :cheers:

Untitled by clemson_tiger29679, on Flickr

·
Registered
433 Posts
Updated pix. Noticed mine where fairly old.

Haven't had a chance to update this one without the Michelin & Apple logos. But I just LOVE this shot!

·
Cleaner than Stock, Faster than Phock
726 Posts

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I have to say I never looked upon the C4 as a real looker but apparently I just haven't seen the right ones. This thread changed that. Many outstanding rides posted here. :thumbsup:

·
726 Posts

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I have to say I never looked upon the C4 as a real looker but apparently I just haven't seen the right ones. This thread changed that. Many outstanding rides posted here. :thumbsup:
I know I can speak for all the C-4 owners and say thanks. We do feel like the bastard children of the Corvette comm. sometimes.:laughing:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
So where's the rest of the car? Surely you don't mount the distributor to ride that thing. do you? :D

·
726 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I know I can speak for all the C-4 owners and say thanks. We do feel like the bastard children of the Corvette comm. sometimes.:laughing:

Felt that way a lot over the yrs. When I started collecting parts ppl asked me why waste your money on a C4. I never gave them a answer until now. For some reason their vocabulary has changed.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I never thought of them as the bastard children. :WTF :laughing: To me in stock form didnt have the "look at me!" going for some reason. But you guys have shown the base model is there and with a few tweaks they can look really nice. :thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
20,699 Posts
For some reason their vocabulary has changed.
Most folks have no imagination of what's possible with a little effort and often judge things by what they hear. Oh well, more fun for us!

I don't know about "heavy hitters", but these usually do pretty good when I show them.
:surprised

Wowzers, that purple demon is beautiful!!!! LOVE Callaway C4s, and you're just up the 101 from me! :devil:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Your purple vett is INCREDIBLE, one really beautiful and mean looking car!! Could you please post a few more pictures and a little more description of the motor. Thanks for posting, I have NEVER seen a car like that.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wowzers, that purple demon is beautiful!!!! LOVE Callaway C4s, and you're just up the 101 from me! :devil:

tombrammer said:
Your purple vett is INCREDIBLE, one really beautiful and mean looking car!! Could you please post a few more pictures and a little more description of the motor. Thanks for posting, I have NEVER seen a car like that.
Thanks guys.

Dan85Vette - If you ever get up to the Pavilions on Saturday nights, feel free to stop and say 'hi' if you see the car.

tombrammer - I'm at work right now and don't have any other photos, but you can see more pics and info on the car at these two sites:

http://www.callawayownersgroup.com/COTM/2007January/cotm.htm

http://www.examiner.com/corvette-in-arlington/exotic-corvette-callaway-twin-turbo-speedster

81 - 100 of 125 Posts