Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!!!!!!

I have created this thread in order to offer my good friends here at DigitalCorvettes advice about anything they want to know.

There is a similar thread in another section, but that thread is reserved for corvette related topics. Several non topic questions were asked and it was told to those who asked those types of questions that they will not be entertained. I think the creator of that thread' wishes should be respected.

Therefore, I am here to answer such questions. I will do my best to offer any advice to any member on any topic you wish.

If you need help in making a decision, help on what to serve for dinner, or just general help with anything, feel free to ask the Parrot!

Now remember, you must put "Dear Parrot" in your questions, or it will not be answered. LOL!!!!!!!

I look forward to helping and I will do the best I can!!!!!

Your pal,

The Parrot!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
965 Posts
Dear parrot, whats up with the whole parrot thing?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
-Jordan- said:
Dear parrot, whats up with the whole parrot thing?
Very good question Jordan!!!!!

I am glad you asked!!!!!!!

You see I am indeed a Parrot. My owner drives black corvettes, and I am his pet. I learned how to type from watching him as my cage is near his computer. My master allows me to roam freely around the house and he leaves his computer on all day. Therefore, I can participate on this excellent forum.

Hopefully, one day I will make it onto PetStar and become very famous!

Thank you for your question!

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Inspiron said:
Dear parrot, is my 1987 mercury grand marquis going to pass inspection in a few days?

:huh:
Thank you for your question, Inspiron!!!!!!!!

You are currently living in the wonderful state of New Jersey. Home of toll booths, shopping malls, and refineries all over the northeastern shore.

I have visited New Jersey on serveral occasions and know the quality of air in that state and have seen the vehicles that ride on their highways. Busted tailights and mufflers dragging on the pavement is commonplace there! LOL!

Knowing this makes me an expert on this topic, Inspiron.

Simple answer:

YES!!!!!!!!!!

:laughing:

·
I have an Acer now.
4,591 Posts
Z06 Parrot said:
Thank you for your question, Inspiron!!!!!!!!

You are currently living in the wonderful state of New Jersey. Home of toll booths, shopping malls, and refineries all over the northeastern shore.

I have visited New Jersey on serveral occasions and know the quality of air in that state and have seen the vehicles that ride on their highways. Busted tailights and mufflers dragging on the pavement is commonplace there! LOL!

Knowing this makes me an expert on this topic, Inspiron.

Simple answer:

YES!!!!!!!!!!

:excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

I trust your inifite wisdom parrot!

If it fails theres going to be hell to pay! :laughing: :laughing: Just kidden!

:lookinup:

·
The Punisher
7,092 Posts
Dear Parrot,

I've been having this problem with this off-white stuff (crap) all over my cars while they're parked outside. I believe it may be coming from you're cousins! I'm sick and tired of having to clean my cars, and as you may be aware, there is no way anyone can keep their car covered 24/7.

So here's my question.........What caliber should I use to blast those sunz-a-beatchs out of the sky? :D

Sincerely,

Trigger happy

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Patrick said:
Dear Parrot,

I have a hard time keeping friends, you candy ass.

What should I do?

Patrick
Hello Patrick. Thank you for your question!!!!!!!

Here is a checklist I personalized just for you before going out into the world.

1. Have I showered today?

2. Did I rinse with mouthwash today?

3. Did I put on deodorant?

4. Did I put on a fresh pair of underwear?

5. Did I bring enough money to buy people their lunch?

6. Did I buy extra minutes on my cell phone plan so others can use it?

7. Did I offer my house for people to throw parties in it while I am not there?

8. Did I make enough spare keys so people can use my car anytime they want?

9. Did I make the improvements I promised to my members on this site come true?

10. Did I buy the parrot an early Christmas present?

If you say yes to all items on this checklist, I can assure you will keep more friends for now on! Good luck!!!!!!!

Thanks for your question!

:cheers:

:smack

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Shield said:
Dear Parrot,

I've been having this problem with this off-white stuff (crap) all over my cars while they're parked outside. I believe it may be coming from you're cousins! I'm sick and tired of having to clean my cars, and as you may be aware, there is no way anyone can keep their car covered 24/7.

So here's my question.........What caliber should I use to blast those sunz-a-beatchs out of the sky? :D

Sincerely,

Trigger happy
Hi Trigger Happy,

Thank you for your question.

Birddroppings can be a car owners nightmare. Bird droppings contain uric acid and can eat away at the finish and destroy the paint. This is an understandable nuisance.

Before using guns, I would consider parking your car away from the trees.

If you are in an assigned spot check with your homeowners association about having the tree removed. If it cannot be removed, go out in the middle of the night when no one is around and chop it down with a chainsaw.

If that is not an option and you must use arms, a simple pellet or BB gun will do just fine. But hopefully, you will consider the first option!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Z06 Parrot said:
Hi Trigger Happy,

Birddroppings can be a car owners nightmare. Bird droppings contain uric acid and can eat away at the finish and destroy the paint. This is an understandable nuisance.

Before using guns, I would consider parking your car away from the trees.

If you are in an assigned spot check with your homeowners association about having the tree removed. If it cannot be removed, go out in the middle of the night when no one is around and chop it down with a chainsaw.

If that is not an option and you must use arms, a simple pellet or BB gun will do just fine. But hopefully, you will consider the first option!

This one time... My stepdad and his friends got drunk, and shot pigeons off of the powerl ines with a 12-gauge. It was quite effective.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
msterri said:
This one time... My stepdad and his friends got drunk, and shot pigeons off of the powerl ines with a 12-gauge. It was quite effective.
Thank you for your story. Yes, a 12-guage would work as well, but there is no reason to use all that power and wake up the neighbors!

·
I have an Acer now.
4,591 Posts
Dear parrot,

What can run but never walks, has a mouth but never talks, has a head but never weeps, has a bed but never sleeps?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Inspiron said:
Dear parrot,

What can run but never walks, has a mouth but never talks, has a head but never weeps, has a bed but never sleeps?

A river!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Dear Parrot:

Please answer this riddle....If a young Indian brave is questioning his father about his brothers names, which are "Soaring Eagle" and "Running Elk" what is the 3rd Indian brave's name?

Geno

·
DC Crew
802 Posts
geno2552 said:
Dear Parrot:

Please answer this riddle....If a young Indian brave is questioning his father about his brothers names, which are "Soaring Eagle" and "Running Elk" what is the 3rd Indian brave's name?

Geno
Oh that woulkd have to be 2 dogs f---ing.

I have a question.

How do you sleep at night knowing that you have turned a pleasant young lady into a complete forum whore? You should be ashamed of yourself. :nuts: :laughing:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
geno2552 said:
Dear Parrot:

Geno
Hello Geno:

I did a little research and came up with:

William Twitching Orangutang

Here is the Indian name search.

I entered Geno and that is what I came up with:

indian name search

:smack

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Sweet04Angel said:
Dear Parrot:

When am I going to win the lottery? I continue to donate dollars, but I have yet to win.

Sincerely,

Hopeful in Atlanta
Hello Hopeful in Atlanta:

Winning the lottery is all about odds. You will likely win the lottery one day, but the prize may be only 5 dollars. As for going the big bucks consider this:

Lottery Math

Is it better to play 50 dollars one week, or one dollar for fifty weeks?

The odds of a "Lotto" style lottery can be found with the formula: n! / (n - r)! r! where n is the highest numbered ball and r is the number of balls chosen. This is called in math a combination. An easier way to think about it is if there are 40 balls and 6 are chosen, there are 40 possible numbers that can come up first, leaving 39 that can come up second, then 38, 37, 36, and finally 35 on the final number. To find out how many numbers that is you multiply 40 ×39 ×38 ×37 ×36 × 35 = 2,763,633,600 making the odds 2 and a half billion to one.

Pretty slim odds, but luckily the order of the balls does not matter, so we can divide this number by how many ways these numbers can be arranged. There are six possibilities for the first ball, five for the second, 4 for the third, 3, 2, and one left over. That is 6 × 5 × 4 × 3 × 2 × 1 = 720 So, the odds are 2,763,633,600 ÷ 720 = 3,838,380 to one.

If I put $50 on one lottery, the odds of winning are 3,838,380 ÷ 50 = 76767.6 to one. That is the easy part.

The hard part is calculating the odds of winning if I put $1 on 50 lotteries. To do this we have to convert to probabilities. A probability is a number between 1 and 0. 1 means a perfect chance, 0 means no chance at all. The probability of winning the lottery with one dollar is 1 ÷ 3,838,380 = 0.0000002605... in other words, very small. The probability of winning the lottery with 50 dollars is 1 ÷ 76767.6 = 0.0000130263288...

Just for your information, the probability of winning twice in a row is this number squared which is 0.00000000000006. This is not very useful information except that we can use this formula in reverse to get what we want. The cool thing about probabilities, as opposed to odds, is that the probability of winning is one minus the probability of losing. This leads us to a way of calculating what we want by using a double negative. The probability of winning at least once in 50 tries is the same as the probability of not losing 50 times in a row.

The probability of losing is 1 - 0.0000002605... = 0.9999997394...

The probability of losing 50 times in a row is 0.9999997394... to the 50th power = 0.99998697...

The probability of not losing 50 times in a row is 1 - 0.99998697... = 0.0000130262457...

So, since the probability of winning at least once in 50 tries is 0.0000130262457... and the probability of winning one lottery with 50 dollars is 0.0000130263288... The odds are very very slightly more favorable by playing all 50 dollars in one lottery than spreading it out among 50 lotteries.

Good luck!

1 - 20 of 146 Posts