Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May 7th. Meet at the O'Reilly's parking lot on Rt. 23 in Streator at 8:00. We will caravan down to Decatur to go to the Chevrolet Museum there. The address of the Museum is 3635 US Rt. 36 East, Decatur Ill. 1-888-9-BOWTIE.

We have about 20 Corvettes going.

P.S. Gas is cheap in Decatur!:thumbsup:

This is a "Rain or Shine" Cruise!

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
May 7th. Meet at the O'Reilly's parking lot on Rt. 23 in Streator at 8:00. We will caravan down to Decatur to go to the Chevrolet Museum there. The address of the Museum is 3635 US Rt. 36 East, Decatur Ill. 1-888-9-BOWTIE.

We have about 20 Corvettes going.

P.S. Gas is cheap in Decatur!:thumbsup:

This is a "Rain or Shine" Cruise!
I assume you will roll right down 51 - which means you'll cruise close enough for me to hear the engine's roar (if you give me some wide open throttle action on some open headers...).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep-we will be crusing south on 51 out of Bloomington. Why don't you meet us on Rt. 10?

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
Okay - sometime around early afternoon I heard what sounded like V8 Armoggedon coming from 51 (which would have been just North of 10).

We figured that was the caravan of Vettes headed back North.

You guys migh remember passing a 87 Jag V12 on a car hauler being towed by a white Ford F150 on your way down. That was my buddy hauling his Jag to my shop to change the starter. He said he was swarmed by the Vettes while heading South. Ended up helping him swap the starter, then shot the rockets off yesterday afternoon.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Decatur Museum Cruise

It was a great day. We ended up having about 20-25 'Vettes. The weather was beautiful all day, but we left northern Illinois in the rain. The rain stopped when we hit Streator. We met up with some more people south of Bloomington, and the rest met us at the Museum. Some came from as far away as Mo. They travelled 4 hours to meet us! Round trip for me was 340 miles. We ate at the Museum Diner, and then spent a few hours in the Museum. It was nice to be able to put faces on the names in the avatars from the forum. Everyone had a good time, and we all left about 2:00. Some went on to Effingham, and some went to Peoria, and some went Home. I'm sure we will do this again!:thumbsup:

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts