Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the deep dish look. It seems the C4 and later have all got the front wheel drive look. Is this only because the lug holes are so deep in the wheel or is there more to it as far as bearing ware?

I see C3 can run both. U think this has spacers to kick it out even with the fender?

I WANT THIS LOOK ON MY C4. (19s or 20"s) WILL IT WORK and any one done it before? Any problumes? PICs???

·
Registered
515 Posts
I used to have American Racing Torq Thrust M wheels on my car. 17x10.5 all around with a 2" lip.

They required no changes to the car, just bolt 'em on! :thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Kubs what year is your car? 90? The early cars never get cool bolt on wheels like that. I love those.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Kubs what year is your car? 90? The early cars never get cool bolt on wheels like that. I love those.:thumbsup:
Yes its a '90. They stick out a bit more than stock, but still under the fenders. I inspired someone who owns an early C4 to buy them and they bolt on to the early years as well with no modifications. I loved these wheels! The reason I didnt keep them is because they do not clear C5 brakes. They will work with the J55 brakes though.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Yes its a '90. They stick out a bit more than stock, but still under the fenders. I inspired someone who owns an early C4 to buy them and they bolt on to the early years as well with no modifications. I loved these wheels! The reason I didnt keep them is because they do not clear C5 brakes. They will work with the J55 brakes though.
Well you answered my next question, C-5 brakes. I guess I'll keep looking.:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
To the OP the C-3 with the C-5 Z06 wheels most certianly has spacers on his car. If I recall correctly they are either 2 or 2-1/2" for C-5-6 wheels on a C-3.

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
I've never completely understood why the styling change took place. The higher offset modern wheels allow you to increase the length of the A-arms at the design phase without increasing track width, allowing a little more suspension travel - not really necessary for a sports car. You also have the ability to spread the frame rails further to reduce torsional body flex at the design stage. This does have advantages. Larger brakes can be fitted behind any wheel as long as the ID is sufficient. You can throw 14" Willwood rotors and calipers on a C3 with an 18" wheel...

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all for the info. I like the 2" lip you had on yours Kuds. I'm thinking that would be a min of lip I want on the front and a bit deeper on the rear. My 93 C4 has the stock brakes for now. It's mostly just a road trip cruiser for me. It seems I would have to special order some wheels to get the look I want. Deep looking 20"s black center and crome lip.

I would love to see more pics of other C4s with after market wheels. I'm just trying to get ideas before I buy.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
that is why I like my wheels:

Nice deep dish to the rears
I love the wheels !! it looks like a Ferrari in the front ...:laughing:
after all .... Corvette is the American Ferrari!!:partyon:

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
I love the wheels !! it looks like a Ferrari in the front ...:laughing:
after all .... Corvette is the American Ferrari!!:partyon:
How's it going, neighbor?

:thumbsup:

My boss has a Ferrari; it's definitely NOT the Italian Corvette.

:smack

·
Registered
29 Posts
That would be me....
thanks Kubs for the inspiration.
your car was the only one I had to look at before I bought my wheels. you nailed it for me.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Great set of stands under the Vette. Looks really solid.
thanks... I built them back when i bought the vette because i didnt feel very secure underneath it on jack stands.
I use them all the time on all my vehicles now. i love them.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Depends on a lot of things. 19's with lil brakes can have a deeper dish. Pad clearence is what enables you to have a deeper wheel if the forging can accept it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts