Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm leaning towards the Crager deep dish wheels on my C3. Since it's custom anyways, I thought that might be a good route to go.

This is the car they will be going on

What do you guys think? If not those, then what? Post pics of your C3 wheels if you want....:D

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
:thumbsup: Just right...

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:thumbsup: Just right...
I saw a bunch of hot rods at Barrett Jackson with those wheels on and they look pretty slick. I just don't want to overdo it or anything.

Always welcome others advice...:cheers:

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
I saw a bunch of hot rods at Barrett Jackson with those wheels on and they look pretty slick. I just don't want to overdo it or anything.

Always welcome others advice...:cheers:
They are the proper look for the car..IMO..:D

·
Registered
19,476 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Crager style will look great on your car, just remember that your tire options will be severly limited if you go with a 15" rim.

I'd consider a set of 18" Cragers, or what ever style you choose. :thumbsup:

18x8 front
18x10 rear :thumbsup:

http://www.cragar.com/ProductView.a...it&c=15&t=W&wRa=18&wRb=8&wBa=5&wBb=4.75&wO=0&
Thank you:thumbsup:

That's where I start to get really confused is the wheel set-up...so many different sizes ect.:thud: I want it to look classy but fast and not to ghetto.:devil:

·
Registered
175 Posts
I've always loved the old style Cragar SS deep dish wheels.
I used to have a set on my '68 Charger.

I think the curves of the spokes go really well with the lines of the C3's.

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Personally not a huge fan, but here are a few pics I found.

Many people have them, but for an old school five spoke I like the Torq Thrusts.

Interesting, thanks for the comparisons.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
I think a lot of people are running the Torque Thrust rims. They look very similar to the 5 spoke you posted.

I'm pretty sure they bolt right on with no problems, and come in more sizes than 15". Choice is black spoke or chrome if I remember correctly.

Do a search, there should be lots of info on the TT's.

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think a lot of people are running the Torque Thrust rims. They look very similar to the 5 spoke you posted.

I'm pretty sure they bolt right on with no problems, and come in more sizes than 15". Choice is black spoke or chrome if I remember correctly.

Do a search, there should be lots of info on the TT's.
Yeah they look very similar to the Cragers. I will research them further.:thumbsup: I definetly think I need chrome on the rims to really set it off.:D

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Any retro style wheel will look good, Those look really sharp.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Perfect Choice

I love Crager wheels and think they will look perfect on your car. I can remember being a teenager during mid 70's and loved the look of the hot cars of those and they all had Crager. Those were the look to have back then and still are IMO.

I went to the link and saw the all red 67 Camaro SS which was nearly the same car I had as my first car. Mine was an RS but other than that looked liked exact same car. My dad wouldn't let me put Crager's on that car but I awalys thought it would look good with them. The pictures in their gallery just confirmed what I thought back then was a great look.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
I absolutely love Cragar S/S's on all older GM cars. I have them on an El Camino and they look great. IMO they are perfect for a C3. :thumbsup:

P.S. Get the real deals. I'm not crazy about the modernized Cragar look-alikes.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts