Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to change the automatic trans fluid in my 98 vette, but I don't know if I have a shallow or deep trans pan. How do I find out which one I have.

Thanks for your help :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Unless you're wanting to upgrade from a shallow (stock) pan to a aftermarket deep pan you really don't need to know what you have. Dropping the pan to change fluid only rids part of the fluid. To properly re-fill the trans you must check the fill level after you run the trans through the gears and while the motor is running.
(No exact way to tell how much fluid it will take to re-fill.)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unless you're wanting to upgrade from a shallow (stock) pan to a aftermarket deep pan you really don't need to know what you have. Dropping the pan to change fluid only rids part of the fluid. To properly re-fill the trans you must check the fill level after you run the trans through the gears and while the motor is running.
(No exact way to tell how much fluid it will take to re-fill.)
:huh:

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
OK does your pan have a drain plug? If so, you have an aftermarket deep pan.

Stock pans don't have drain plugs.

Post a pic of the pan.

·
Registered
964 Posts
OK does your pan have a drain plug? If so, you have an aftermarket deep pan.

Stock pans don't have drain plugs.

Post a pic of the pan.

actuly every parts place i go to asks questions like that if you have a 4l60e or 80e..... basicly if its a car its a shalow if its a truck its a deep...at leaste thats where i see these types of pans....the difference is the filter and a couple of quarts of fluid

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Picture of trans pan

Here is a picture of the trans pan.
Can someone please tell me is it is shallow or deep.
I need to know this to get the correct filter.
Thanks

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts