Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Democratic Congressman from Massachusetts is raising the stakes in the nation’s fight over the future of public employee unions, saying emails aren’t enough to show support and that it is time to “get a little bloody.”

“I’m proud to be here with people who understand that it’s more than just sending an email to get you going. Every once and awhile you need to get out on the streets and get a little bloody when necessary,” Rep. Mike Capuano (D-Ma.) told a crowd in Boston on Tuesday rallying in solidarity for Wisconsin union members.

Capuano’s comments come at a time when there is heightened sensitivity to violent rhetoric in the wake of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords’ (D-Az.) shooting in January.

Capuano is considered a leading contender to take on Sen. Scott Brown in 2012.

This is not Capuano’s first brush with violent rhetoric. Last month Capuano said, “Politicians, I think are too bland today. I don’t know what they believe in. Nothing wrong with throwing a coffee cup at someone if you’re doing it for human rights.”

http://nhjournal.com/2011/02/23/dem-rep-to-unions-time-to-get-‘bloody’/

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
It's that new civility the Dems are spearheading. :nuts:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
We're scraping the bottom of the barrel of quotes when we begin using people's Tweets. Next thing you know, our DC posts are going to be considered newsworthy and weighty.:laughing: This will be the true measure of the violent natures of the left and right: If the Wagner bill ultimately passes, do you think there will be violence in the streets from the left? I do. I expect a rampaging vandalism. What do you think?

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I dont believe it will come to live ammo. Just pointing out that people on both sides of the aisle are using violent rhetoric.

Tex: Palin's tweets and facebook posts get plenty of attention already. :crazy:

Update: Jeff Cox has been fired by the Indiana AG for his tweets.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
That reminds me.

I need to stock up on .357 hollow points.

:D

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
On our "new civility"....

I guess no body takes Obama's statements seriously.

:laughing:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dont believe it will come to live ammo. Just pointing out that people on both sides of the aisle are using violent rhetoric.

Tex: Palin's tweets and facebook posts get plenty of attention already. :crazy:

Update: Jeff Cox has been fired by the Indiana AG for his tweets.
Kewl, the guy who tweets the truth, is fired and the dem rep calling for his union thugs to get bloody is still serving.. and you love it. :laughing:

You are what I said you are DT.. phony.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Kewl, the guy who tweets the truth, is fired and the dem rep calling for his union thugs to get bloody is still serving.. and you love it. :laughing:

You are what I said you are DT.. phony.
Your position is that he got fired for talking the truth?

"You're damned right I advocate deadly force."
Then you agree that the above quote from Cox is in fact the truth and Cox advocates deadly force against citizens? The same citizens who are using the rights granted to them in the Bill of Rights? The same Bill of Rights which grants you the right to gun ownership, which you have argued repeatedly cannot be infringed upon?

I have no control over a representative from Mass or a deputy AG from Indiana. I am not, nor did I call for either to lose their job. I simply pointed out that both sides are saying stupid crap. Unless you want to argue whether Capuano or Cox's comments were stupid (they were) explain to me why I am a phony.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
No it does not.
People need to think before they tweet or blog - especially government officials or politicians. This guy should have thought about the consequences of his Tweet before he made it or defended it. It was the right thing to do to fire him. That's not an appropriate position for an Assistant Attorney General.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
People need to think before they tweet or blog - especially government officials or politicians. This guy should have thought about the consequences of his Tweet before he made it or defended it. It was the right thing to do to fire him. That's not an appropriate position for an Assistant Attorney General.
:agree:

That is the point I have been trying to make since the Giffords shooting.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Your position is that he got fired for talking the truth?
Then you agree that the above quote from Cox is in fact the truth and Cox advocates deadly force against citizens? The same citizens who are using the rights granted to them in the Bill of Rights? The same Bill of Rights which grants you the right to gun ownership, which you have argued repeatedly cannot be infringed upon?
His tweet was true, your government will shoot you like a dog for disobedience. Try it...

Unless you want to argue whether Capuano or Cox's comments were stupid (they were) explain to me why I am a phony.
Your a phony partisan, trying to play middle-of-the-roadkill.

And you still have not show any hate, vitriol, violent rhetoric from Beck or Palin, and that is why your phony.

:cheers:

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
i think they were both out of line and probably should have been fired. what angers me is that the dem wasn't

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
His tweet was true, your government will shoot you like a dog for disobedience. Try it...

Your a phony partisan, trying to play middle-of-the-roadkill.

And you still have not show any hate, vitriol, violent rhetoric from Beck or Palin, and that is why your phony.

:cheers:
I never once mentioned beck or palin as responsible parties following the shooting. I posted the thread about Palin's comments, but did not specifically mention her pre-shooting speeches, posts, etc. I argued from day one that the right wing as a whole is as responsible as the leftwing as a whole.

In this post you are the one who suddenly challanges me to reference Palin or Beck.

Here is a list of violent rhetoric from republican politicians. Until you prove all of those false, my argument that both sides have been spewing the same BS is correct and I am not a phony. You are putting words in my mouth and calling me phony when I dont stand behind your words.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here is a list of violent rhetoric from republican politicians. Until you prove all of those false, my argument that both sides have been spewing the same BS is correct and I am not a phony. You are putting words in my mouth and calling me phony when I dont stand behind your words.
Yep, that's hate and vitriol... if your a knuckle-dragging moron.. :laughing::crazy:

Machine Gun Social
Dean Allen, a conservative candidate for state office in South Carolina threw a “machine gun social” in September, drawing 500 people for the chance to win a $700 AK-47 semiautomatic rifle. All attendees got to shoot 20 rounds from a machine gun of their choice. (He didn’t win.)

Armed and Fiscally Responsible
Pamela Gorman, a conservative in a crowded Republican primary field in Arizona’s third district, got some much-needed publicity with a web ad that showed a montage of her shooting different kinds of guns. She also blasted out press releases with titles like: “Armed and Fiscally Responsible.” She lost to Ben Quayle, who went on to win the general election and was sworn in last week.

Quayle himself put out a dramatic primary ad that got a lot of attention, in which he spoke directly into the camera, “Barack Obama is the worst president in history. … Somebody has to go to Washington and knock the hell out of the place.”

Shooting With The Candidate
Giffords’ own opponent, Republican Jesse Kelly, had a gun-themed fund-raiser in June in which supporters could come and shoot an M-16 rifle with Kelly. It was promoted thusly: Get on Target for Victory in November. Help remove Gabrielle Giffords from office. Shoot a fully automatic M16 with Jesse Kelly.”

Take No Prisoners
Dale Peterson, Republican candidate for agricultural commissioner of Alabama, ran an ad in May which he posed with a rifle and declared, “I’ll name names and take no prisoners.” He lost the primary.

Armed And Dangerous
This example is a little older, but it’s notable that Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) is one of the few to win her race after repeated references to guns and violence.

In March 2009, she said on a radio show: “I want people in Minnesota armed and dangerous on this issue of the energy tax, because we need to fight back. Thomas Jefferson told us having a revolution every now and then is a good thing. And the people — we the people — are going to have to fight back hard if we’re not going to lose our country.”

A month later, she explained what she meant: “I want my people in Minnesota to be the most educated people. I want them to be armed with knowledge, so they can be dangerous to the policies of the left.”

Dead Aim
And let’s not forget the Democrats. When Joe Manchin was running for senator from West Virginia back in October, he released an ad in which he shoots the climate change bill with a rifle.

“I’ll take dead aim at the cap-and-trade bill, because it’s bad for West Virginia,” he said. Manchin won and was sworn in last week.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Brother... come on. Show me anything -anything violent on that list. That list is nothing short of a one sided view and ideology that is in the extreme minority... and is offended by a butter knife wielding waiter or a child that brings his GI Joe to school with a gun attached to his hip, to show to his friends.

Shot a gun with a republican... really ?

What... no complaints about rap videos ? How about old westerns ?

They find this offensive and violent...

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
That is a list of quotes and events which present guns as a solution to your problems. This one is especially relevent:

Help remove Gabrielle Giffords from office. Shoot a fully automatic M16 with Jesse Kelly.
A normal person doesnt think twice and realizes that shooting a representative they disagree with is not the proper solution. But if someone has a long standing grudge against a representative, well the rest is history.

Its one thing to disagree with me about the roll these and other quotes played in the Giffords' shooting. I have presented evidence of violent rhetoric on both sides, you can choose to accept that as evidence or not. You cannot deny that I have posted evidence.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts