Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Democrat won a special house seat that has been consistently Republican since it was held in 1970 by Jack kemp. It seems the major issue was Ryans medicair plan, but of course the republicans rather than look inward and adjust choose to say it was due to the democrat turned Tea party candidate that syphoned votes from the Republican. This issue is killing the pubs and they are falling right into the dems plan by allowing themselves to get on record consistantly as in favor of this mess. All but 4 pubs in the house are now on record for voting for this plan which is pissing off seniors everywhere. The damage done to Gingrich over his first calling the plan too agressive and then reversing himself as almost every conservative voice shot him down for not supporting the party stand on the issue, is a sign of things to come.

Wake up pubs before it is too late. :crazy:

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
We should celebrate by raising taxes!!! Yeehaw!:partyon:

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
don't worry, all the Dems have to do is extend un-employment bennies again :surprised then we will ALL be ready for 4 more years of Barry :laughing:

·
Registered
710 Posts
The medicare thing was an ussue, but was not THE issue. I live just out side this district. I can tell you a few things about it. 1. It was Corwin's race to lose and her campaign screwed the pooch on this about every way possible. The video gate controversy was likely the most responsible factor in deciding this race. It turned a lot of people off to Corwin. Some voted Hochel instead some voted Davis instead and some stayed home. 2. Davis running under the tea party definately threw a wrench in the geas for the gop. No doubt he stole a majority of his votes from Corwin. 3. Turn out was abismal. When that happens the underdog party always gets a boost.

I would conclude that those 3 factors played as much of a role in the dem winning if not more than the medicare issue.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
I'm stumped. It's Obama's plan that cuts $500B from Medicare to pay for insurance for the young and poor, and somehow the Republicans are the one's assaulting seniors???? If the Pubs can't counter that accusation, they deserve to lose.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
It's in the advertising. The left does what it must... participate in subterfuge and misdirection. Anything to keep the voting public from looking at the dems record. They simply plant the idea that the republicans want granny to eat cat food. I have seen that "over the cliff" video... 4 or 5 times.

The republican have not countered even once. THIS is where all that money makes a difference in an election... advertising. Most do not follow the news and politics the way we do... and the Tea Party has not been revved up since the last shellacking we gave to the Dems. We got lazy... that's it. Nothing more to read in this... then that.

Ryan's plan is far superior to anything the Dems have put out. We just need to sell it.

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's in the advertising. The left does what it must... participate in subterfuge and misdirection. Anything to keep the voting public from looking at the dems record. They simply plant the idea that the republicans want granny to eat cat food. I have seen that "over the cliff" video... 4 or 5 times.

The republican have not countered even once. THIS is where all that money makes a difference in an election... advertising. Most do not follow the news and politics the way we do... and the Tea Party has not been revved up since the last shellacking we gave to the Dems. We got lazy... that's it. Nothing more to read in this... then that.

Ryan's plan is far superior to anything the Dems have put out. We just need to sell it.

The problem is that they did sell it and the seniors are not buying. The Idea that you are going to privatize medicair scares the hell out of seniors. They know how insurance companies work and they know that if they have to deal with insurance companies instead of the government they will have nothing but problems. If Ryan had offered some minor modification of medicair it might have worked. Raise the eligible age, raise the deductible, raise contributions, but saying we need to privatize this worked just as well as Bush's attempt to privatize SS. :crazy::crazy::crazy:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
They know how insurance companies work and they know that if they have to deal with insurance companies instead of the government they will have nothing but problems.
:laughing: I'm guessing you haven't dealt with Medicare lately. If you think the government system is easier to deal with than the private system, you have another think coming.:laughing: With medicare, doctors are constantly trying to blend what you need with what medicare will allow. They often must run in circles to get treatment they feel will help but medicare says it's not in their protocols. Is private insurance any better? Depends on how much you (or your employer) paid for it. But with medicare or any other form of government healthcare - you have no recourse, and they will dictate your treatment.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
:laughing: I'm guessing you haven't dealt with Medicare lately. If you think the government system is easier to deal with than the private system, you have another think coming.
As an intern at CVS, I couldn't agree more.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
The problem is that they did sell it and the seniors are not buying. The Idea that you are going to privatize medicair scares the hell out of seniors. They know how insurance companies work and they know that if they have to deal with insurance companies instead of the government they will have nothing but problems. If Ryan had offered some minor modification of medicair it might have worked. Raise the eligible age, raise the deductible, raise contributions, but saying we need to privatize this worked just as well as Bush's attempt to privatize SS. :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Brother... the very fact that you are able so easily recall and repeat every left talking point for being against the bill... shows how much better of a job the left did at advertising to seniors. -and I'm not saying this to be cutesy or mean.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts