1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cuts in Medicare
Cuts to Social Security
Raising the retirement age

Democrats have railed for decades in the campaigns to seniors that Republicans will do all these things.
AND WHO IS IN CONTROL OF THE HOUSE THE SENATE AND THE PRESIDENCY WHEN THEY ACTUALLY ARE PUSHING FOR THESE ----- DEMOCRATS:smack:smack:smack:smack

I really hope the Republicans keep a record of democrats the vote for these debt commission recommendations and use them in the next election!!! No republican should vote for any of these.

To all the politicians the way to cut is -> Stop flippin spending!!!! Stop sending our tax money all over the world. KEEP OUR TAX MONEY HERE IN AMERICA!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
The commission and its recommendations are a joke. The commission is now officially disbanded and Congress has no requirement to follow any of their recommendations. Judging by the near universal disdain for the report, I imagine we wont be seeing any of them in a bill any time soon.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Cuts in Medicare
Cuts to Social Security
Raising the retirement age

Democrats have railed for decades in the campaigns to seniors that Republicans will do all these things.
AND WHO IS IN CONTROL OF THE HOUSE THE SENATE AND THE PRESIDENCY WHEN THEY ACTUALLY ARE PUSHING FOR THESE ----- DEMOCRATS:smack:smack:smack:smack
omg........

you need to re-read your articles again.

·
Registered
710 Posts
...as far as SSI is concerned, I can't see why thy don't just raise the contribution threshold fromt he current $106,000. That would be a good first step.

Perhaps some of you larger earners can chime in on how that might affect some of you.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
omg........

you need to re-read your articles again.
I don't have to reread them. I was actually privy to an endless supply of ads from the democrats here in NM over the past election stating that pubs were going to take away SS etc...

And you are going to try to tell me that if I dig a little I won't find many more youtube vids doing the same thing??? And I'm sure I can find a dog food one or dems saying that is granny trying to decide if she is getting medicine or food!! And isn't my statement true that dems control all three????

Dems just don't get it - their response = more gov't aid. Pubs - get a job and lets get the economy rolling.

As far as raising the ceiling on contributions I'm all for that. That's one way the higher income earners can help pay for the program.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Let me get this straight. You want smaller government and less SS and medicaid. You are also laughing at the Democrats because their commission recommended the ideas you support. You then say Republicans should keep track of these votes (which match the republican agenda) in order to remove D's from office?

You should be happy, the commission recommended the ideas you want to see you inacted. Why do you care which party it is recommending them? If the Dems pushed through these reforms Conservative voters would support these candidates.

Well, unless you are so partisan that you cant even see the issue for the two colors which are so obviously blinding you.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let me get this straight. You want smaller government and less SS and medicaid. You are also laughing at the Democrats because their commission recommended the ideas you support. You then say Republicans should keep track of these votes (which match the republican agenda) in order to remove D's from office?

You should be happy, the commission recommended the ideas you want to see you inacted. Why do you care which party it is recommending them? If the Dems pushed through these reforms Conservative voters would support these candidates.

Well, unless you are so partisan that you cant even see the issue for the two colors which are so obviously blinding you.
Your comments make me laugh. Here we are less than 3 weeks away from the "obama tax hikes", the largest in history, taking affect, thanks to some left wingers and you basically give me the Rodney King "can't we all get along" response. The left would rather have the poorest people in the country pay 50% MORE then let some of the rich continue at the current rates. :smack:smack

The other thought I had after reading your comments was Lucy and Charlie Brown kicking the football. Pubs always end up as Charlie and the dems are always Lucy. I promise I promise and Lucy "fibs" and pulls the ball away. I for one am tired of it. Pubs need to start and continue to play by the dem play book. There is a huge movement to the right and pubs need to keep the wind behind the sails. We need to run the same types of ads, bus in people to rallys, shout down speakers, form boycotts, protest, etc... The pubs have been too quiet too long. Lets have both sides employ the same tactics:thumbsup:

Lets look at this another way; lets pick a sport. Does the team that's winning put their 2nd or 3rd string in to keep the game close or do they keep playing hard until the whistle blows.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
The debt commission was bi-partisan.

We now have the new legislation ready to extend the Bush tax cuts, ss payroll tax cut for one year, and more subsidies packaged for business to stim the economy.

Along with extensions to unemployment.

None of this is paid for.
Most of this is republican party approved and desired.

That's why the dems and libs are now angry.
Because the president is caving to the GOP lead for the bill.

Your party.

You just got Punked.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Your comments make me laugh. Here we are less than 3 weeks away from the "obama tax hikes", the largest in history, taking affect, thanks to some left wingers and you basically give me the Rodney King "can't we all get along" response. The left would rather have the poorest people in the country pay 50% MORE then let some of the rich continue at the current rates. :smack:smack
You are wrong. The Dems are trying to pass the bill which would result in keeping the lower rates for 95% of the population. The republicans are preventing the passage of the bill. Therefore, the Republicans "would rather have the poorest people in the country pay 50% MORE then let some of the rich continue at the current rates." Republicans are not voting for cuts for the majority.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
You are wrong. The Dems are trying to pass the bill which would result in keeping the lower rates for 95% of the population. The republicans are preventing the passage of the bill. Therefore, the Republicans "would rather have the poorest people in the country pay 50% MORE then let some of the rich continue at the current rates." Republicans are not voting for cuts for the majority.
:laughing:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
I will give you this. It IS a matter of perspective. You see a situation where the Pubs would rather tax the bottom more rather than see the top get a tax increase. I see that the Dems would rather tax the bottom than see the top continue paying the same rates they have paid for the last 10 years. Same situation, different perspective. Since the poor in this country not only pay NO taxes, they benefit from myriad income transfers, it's really the middle class who are the birdie in this badminton game.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Right or wrong, the lower tax rates for people making over $250K adds a lot more to the deficit than the cuts for the middle class. We have been down this road before....

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Right or wrong, the lower tax rates for people making over $250K adds a lot more to the deficit than the cuts for the middle class. We have been down this road before....
Tax cuts don't contribute to defecits, only over-spending does. What do you think congress would do if they got 50% of everyone's income? If they got the provision that over $250k paid 40% do you really think they would put that towards the defecit? Wanna buy a bridge?

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Tax cuts don't contribute to defecits, only over-spending does. What do you think congress would do if they got 50% of everyone's income? If they got the provision that over $250k paid 40% do you really think they would put that towards the defecit? Wanna buy a bridge?
Since the budget for FY11 has been approved, keeping the current tax rate will increase the deficit by $70 Billion during FY11 unless spending is reduced. I have asked this question before and have not gotten an answer: what spending will you cut to offset the $70 billion being added to the budget during FY11?

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Since the budget for FY11 has been approved, keeping the current tax rate will increase the deficit by $70 Billion during FY11 unless spending is reduced. I have asked this question before and have not gotten an answer: what spending will you cut to offset the $70 billion being added to the budget during FY11?
1: All monies going to the UN, save the $60 billion.
2: All monies going to foreign aid, $25 billion.
$85 billion without breaking a sweat.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
1: All monies going to the UN, save the $60 billion.
2: All monies going to foreign aid, $25 billion.
$85 billion without breaking a sweat.
Not a bad idea. Now we are cutting taxes and the deficit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts