Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OOOOOOhhhhhhhhBama.. :laughing: That big lie your telling, is gonna leave a mark. :crazy:

While President Barack Obama and other well-known figureheads of the Democratic Party are criticizing Republicans for allegedly benefiting from “foreign donations” to conservative interest groups, a new analysis from the Center for Responsive Politics has revealed that the Democratic Party has raised more than $1 million from political action committees affiliated with foreign companies — about twice as much as the $510,000 the GOP has received from PACs on the same list.

The PACs at the center of the study are funded entirely by contributions from American employees of foreign companies. “This is not foreign money per-se, but these PACs are certainly populated by people who work for foreign companies,” says David Levinthal, a spokesman for the Center for Responsive Politics.

“Foreign companies and foreign governments can lobby Congress, and that is probably one area where they have a measurable effect on politics,” Levinthal told The Hill. “Foreign-subsidiary political action committees is about as close as you can get.”

In response, Republicans are crying foul, accusing the Democratic Party of hypocrisy in their criticism of groups like the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and American Crossroads, a group backed by GOP heavyweights Karl Rove and Ed Gillespie. “Barack Obama criticized the Supreme Court and his adversaries over the bogus charge of foreign money tainting elections — while leaders in his own party had taken more than a million dollars from the foreign cookie jar,” said Jonathan Collegio, a spokesman for American Crossroads. “The hypocrisy here is just stunning,” he told The Hill.

Despite President Obama and the Dems’ accusations, both the Chamber and American Crossroads have vehemently denied accepting foreign dollars for use in domestic political efforts and Democrats have acknowledged that they have no evidence that the groups are accepting money from abroad and using it to fund political messages. Instead, Dems argue that “in the absence of tougher campaign disclosure rules, it’s entirely possible,” The Hill reports.

“The overarching issue here is that we don’t know where these entities are raising money. It could be money from foreign corporation, big oil or companies that want to outsource U.S. jobs,” says Doug Thornell, a spokesman for Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.), the chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC).

With the midterm elections only two weeks away, Democrats says they plan to continue attacking conservative groups over possible foreign funds enabling political attacks.

“I think it is having resonance,” Van Hollen said last week on MSNBC. “I think that people are understanding that there‘s this very important nexus between the special interests who are spending these millions of dollars and an agenda that doesn’t serve the interests of the American people.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/dems-receive-twice-as-much-foreign-pac-money-as-gop/

·
Registered
443 Posts
<gasp>

I am totally shocked!:thud:

I bet people would be infuriated if they knew where the real sources of Obamas campaign funding came from. My opinion is he was elected by foreign money.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
The reason the Dems even bother with lies like they have been telling is that the media will report their accusations, but the average person who gets his news from the networks will never hear the rebuttals like the one above. If you tell a lie that you know you will get caught in, but only by 10% of the people, it becomes worthwhile to go ahead and do it.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
This is not hypocracy. Let me explain.

The PACs at the center of the study are funded entirely by contributions from American employees of foreign companies. “This is not foreign money per-se, but these PACs are certainly populated by people who work for foreign companies,” says David Levinthal, a spokesman for the Center for Responsive Politics.
All the money going into the Democratic fundraising is from US citizens. IE, workers in US toyota/BMW/etc plants, US employees of BP, Shell, etc. The point is that they are US citizens who work for a company based in another country. By not allowing these contributions you are restricting the rights of these US citizens to contribute to political groups within the law.

The chamber of commerce has received millions from foreign corporations and foreign nationals, not their US citizen employees.

It is very clear. US citizens have a right to contribute to any political group or compaign they wish regardless of their employeer. Foreign nationals, corporations and governments are specifically banned from contributing.

Has the CoC been following proper accounting practices to ensure no foreign money is mixed with domestic ad money? Time will tell, but it doesnt looke good.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts

All the money going into the Democratic fundraising is from US citizens. IE, workers in US toyota/BMW/etc plants, US employees of BP, Shell, etc. The point is that they are US citizens who work for a company based in another country. By not allowing these contributions you are restricting the rights of these US citizens to contribute to political groups within the law.

The chamber of commerce has received millions from foreign corporations and foreign nationals, not their US citizen employees.

It is very clear. US citizens have a right to contribute to any political group or compaign they wish regardless of their employeer. Foreign nationals, corporations and governments are specifically banned from contributing.

Has the CoC been following proper accounting practices to ensure no foreign money is mixed with domestic ad money? Time will tell, but it doesnt looke good.
:laughing:

·
Registered
4,607 Posts

·
Registered
5,206 Posts

Is this like saying the dog ate my home work? If a Pub recieves money this way they must disclose, but if a Dem does he/she needs to keep quiet for the sake of the doner right:crazy:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:laughing: I will call you out. Give me 1 shred, anything, 1 piece of information that would implicate the CoC even on a minor scale. Just one.. I know you can't do it, and will probably bail ont his thread. Because if David Axelrod can't find it/create it I seriosuly doubt your ability to. This lie was put forth in hopes that the CoC would release info, which would then be used to intimidate their donors. Much like when the WH used Koch's tax info to try and intimidate them.

PROVE IT

:cheers:

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Whats so funny? :huh:
That's pretty funny right there.
That's really funny. Obama has recieved more undisclosed foreign contributions than any other elected official in the history of this nation. He recieved millions in contributions from prepaid credit cards whose owners were untracable. I'll leave it there...
Proof? Link? where is Obama's disclosure of campaign contributions...? No double standard now...
Except if they contribute using prepaid credit cards, the source is untraceable.
This is the funniest part. Especially since the CoC has been very vocal about Obama and the dems anti business polices of over-regulation. The dems could see a huge wave of regulatory rollback with a predominance of pubs in control of congress.

You don't see the irony in this?

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Is this like saying the dog ate my home work? If a Pub recieves money this way they must disclose, but if a Dem does he/she needs to keep quiet for the sake of the doner right:crazy:
Actually the Dems are disclosing (thats how we know the total mentioned in the first article) and the CoC is not. Due to the Citizens United decision the CoC is not required to disclose where they are getting their contributions. However it is illegal to receive foreign donations. That is the major catch 22.

:laughing: I will call you out. Give me 1 shred, anything, 1 piece of information that would implicate the CoC even on a minor scale. Just one.. I know you can't do it, and will probably bail ont his thread. Because if David Axelrod can't find it/create it I seriosuly doubt your ability to. This lie was put forth in hopes that the CoC would release info, which would then be used to intimidate their donors. Much like when the WH used Koch's tax info to try and intimidate them.

PROVE IT

:cheers:
I cant prove it and I even said that above. That doesnt mean it isnt happening.

It is no secret that the CoC receives money from foreign nationals, governments, and corporations in the form of yearly dues and one time contributions. The money is given to "AmChams" which are CoC offices around the world. Money is then sent from the AmChams to the main CoC in the US.

It is also no secret that the CoC has spent considerable money on ads this cycle. They publicly claim their goal is $75,000,000.

Now it is a matter of accounting. Is the money coming in from foreign sources kept 100% independant of the money being spent on elections? I cant answer that, as I said in my previous post. But ill bet there are going to be some very serious lawsuits demanding proof that the money has been kept seperate.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
That's pretty funny right there.

That's really funny. Obama has recieved more undisclosed foreign contributions than any other elected official in the history of this nation. He recieved millions in contributions from prepaid credit cards whose owners were untracable. I'll leave it there...

Proof? Link? where is Obama's disclosure of campaign contributions...? No double standard now...
PROVE IT! :laughing:

This is the funniest part. Especially since the CoC has been very vocal about Obama and the dems anti business polices of over-regulation. The dems could see a huge wave of regulatory rollback with a predominance of pubs in control of congress.

You don't see the irony in this?
Is the CoC breaking the law? It doesnt matter what political positions they support or who is receiving money from them. At the end of the day are they following campaign contribution laws? I am not defending Obama and his campaign, I got started in this because US citizens have the right to contribute to political campaigns.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I cant prove it and I even said that above. That doesnt mean it isnt happening.
So, what doesn't look good? And what do you base this statement on? And why would you also try and discredit this org without any kind of proof, substantiation, etc.?

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Not so fast...
Over $40 million in undisclosed contributions...
That doesn't take into account the over $100 million in pre-paid contributions that he accepted. Those were reported, as contributions, but they couldn't be traced. Most of them were from overseas.

[
Is the CoC breaking the law? It doesnt matter what political positions they support or who is receiving money from them. At the end of the day are they following campaign contribution laws? I am not defending Obama and his campaign, I got started in this because US citizens have the right to contribute to political campaigns.
Sorry for being skeptical...but I don't buy one iota of what the progressives say as truth. When the Dems play fair I'll hold the Pubs to the same standard, because what's different here is the Dems calling the Pubs out and crying about the milk they spilled 2 years ago.

If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
So, what doesn't look good? And what do you base this statement on? And why would you also try and discredit this org without any kind of proof, substantiation, etc.?
Early reports show that the AmCham money went into a general 5XX (not sure what the tax code number is) account and that some checks for political purposes came from the same general account. Just going on preliminary facts. Nothing else.

Not so fast...
Over $40 million in undisclosed contributions...
That doesn't take into account the over $100 million in pre-paid contributions that he accepted. Those were reported, as contributions, but they couldn't be traced. Most of them were from overseas.

Sorry for being skeptical...but I don't buy one iota of what the progressives say as truth. When the Dems play fair I'll hold the Pubs to the same standard, because what's different here is the Dems calling the Pubs out and crying about the milk they spilled 2 years ago.

If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.
Do you believe everything the Republicans say as truth?

I dont trust politicians of any type.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
When it's all said and done, I guarantee it will be shown that both parties collect significant donations that lead back to foreign sources. They don't care as long as it's not brought to light or as long as the trail is murky so it can't be proven. But for either side to act like they are Snow White in this arena is pure fantasy. Finger pointing is likely to prove embarrasing before this is over.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Do you believe everything the Republicans say as truth?

I dont trust politicians of any type.
Actually, only a little... I'm Tea Party conservative and want every one of them, dems, pubs, and i's on thier knees, serving John Q. Public, like they were supposed to.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
...want every one of them, dems, pubs, and i's on thier knees, serving John Q. Public, like they were supposed to.
:agree::agree::agree:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Early reports show that the AmCham money went into a general 5XX (not sure what the tax code number is) account and that some checks for political purposes came from the same general account. Just going on preliminary facts. Nothing else.
Post em up.. link, report, etc. Just don't try to use info George Soros is putting out.. because that won't work.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts