Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend with a '62 Vette Drag Race Car that is in need, asked me to post for information on some parts he needs.

While in the process of having his original front brakes modified to Discs (apparently he's tired of using that big pile of sand at the end of the Shutdown Lane), his machinest informed him that he will need one front spindle and one steering arm. The original ones have stress cracks and cannot be reused.

His first preference is used originals in good condition. However, knowing that the possibility may not be, he is looking for advice for aftermarket parts which are from a REPUTABLE supplier that understands what 9 Seconds means. That is, if you would trust your Ass to the metallurgy and craftmanship????

I'm a C-4 kind of guy and an Autocrosser so when it comes to Solid Axels and Drag Racing, I haven't got a clue. Any ideas out there??? :lookinup:

·
Liftin' the fronts
2,261 Posts
There are tons of them out there.
A Chevrolet Passenger Car Spindle from 1949 to 1954 is the same thing. They are even the same part number.
The uprights that the Spindle attachs to is the same from 1949 to 1952 in the Passenger Car while the 3s and 4s had the spindle mounting boss moved up and inch or so your car will sit lower to the ground. The newer uprights is a real cheap way to lower your car with stock bolt on parts.
I hope this helps.

Bob
http://members.kos.net/willisb/vette.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts