Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll see you there! If you have any issues with your paint, I'll be addressing those issues individually with anyone who request. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hey, Junk, what if I drove out there with one of my blondes for you to hook up with for the evening. Could I get more Adam's products than a $50 Adam's gift pack? :D

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, Junk, what if I drove out there with one of my blondes for you to hook up with for the evening. Could I get more Adam's products than a $50 Adam's gift pack? :D
I will answer AFTER you post her pic! :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Junkman + Steve = Peanut Butter + Jelly

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'll be there Junkman in my 06 DSOM C6. I've got some serious water spots that could use some love. Honestly, I hear you're the detail man and make magic but we've followed your videos with the PC and Adam's products without success so this will be a nice challenge for ya. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll be there Junkman in my 06 DSOM C6. I've got some serious water spots that could use some love. Honestly, I hear you're the detail man and make magic but we've followed your videos with the PC and Adam's products without success so this will be a nice challenge for ya. :thumbsup:
Get there early! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Wife's trying to talk me into going. That's 4 hours of driving. Grrr.... we'll see what the fluid leak turns out to be.

Is there a fee for the clinic or ? Sorry... it's like Rocky Horror all over again for me.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wife's trying to talk me into going. That's 4 hours of driving. Grrr.... we'll see what the fluid leak turns out to be.

Is there a fee for the clinic or ? Sorry... it's like Rocky Horror all over again for me.
No cost whatsoever. All the laughs are free. :thumbsup:

Just an FYI, you know the wife is always right. See you there! :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
i've got some keyed scratches if you are up for a challenge! I have been wanting to buy some Adams products, looks like I will have to stop buy and get some early birhtday presents!

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i've got some keyed scratches if you are up for a challenge! I have been wanting to buy some Adams products, looks like I will have to stop buy and get some early birhtday presents!
That depends on how deep the scratches are. Can you feel them with your fingernail?

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
That would be about 14 hours for me. But free undercarriage spray.....I'll have to think about it. :laughing:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:laughing:

That 4 ounce bottle would last you all the way back to Texas!

·
Registered
105 Posts
That depends on how deep the scratches are. Can you feel them with your fingernail?
here are a couple of pics, not sure if they really tell you anything. the best way I can descride it is with my fingernail I feel a bump, but the nail does not get caught. when the car is really clean you have to look for them, but once you know they are there thats all you see!

they are on the hood and rear hatch

Also do you think your detail clinic will go over what this is on may car and how to get rid of it? :laughing:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That stuff on your car is dandruff. I suggest Selsun Blue. :D

Those scratches may come out. usually, I would say no if your fingernail catches but those seem borderline removable. I can't say for sure until I see them. Has that area ever been repainted?

·
Registered
105 Posts
That stuff on your car is dandruff. I suggest Selsun Blue. :D

Those scratches may come out. usually, I would say no if your fingernail catches but those seem borderline removable. I can't say for sure until I see them. Has that area ever been repainted?
damn! i've been using head and shoulders when I washed her!:laughing:

no the car has never been repainted ( at least not while I have owned it). It's a 10 foot paint job, looks good from 10 feet but when you get close you see all the flaws. it has 114,000 miles on it now. it needs to get repainted as soon as I can afford it.

I used to think I knew how to detail a car until I started reading your threads, turns out everything I thought I knew was wrong! I'm definitely looking forward to your clinic! I assume you will have detail kits kits on hand to sell?

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
damn! i've been using head and shoulders when I washed her!:laughing:

no the car has never been repainted ( at least not while I have owned it). It's a 10 foot paint job, looks good from 10 feet but when you get close you see all the flaws. it has 114,000 miles on it now. it needs to get repainted as soon as I can afford it.

I used to think I knew how to detail a car until I started reading your threads, turns out everything I thought I knew was wrong! I'm definitely looking forward to your clinic! I assume you will have detail kits kits on hand to sell?
Yes, there will be plenty of product for sell. If you want something in particular, post a request for it in this thread. That way, Steve can let you know if it will be there or not as he is bringing all of the products.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts