Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
You've been pimped!!
15,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm tired of some detailing products eroding plastic spray bottles. Then they crack and leak fluid everywhere.

Any danger in using metal bottles? My wife found one at the store and I am tempted to try it out.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I had several APC and wheel cleaner bottles let go and leak everywhere and since then I've moved every "cleaner" type product into Toyco/US plastics chemical resistant spray bottles / sprayers and have never had another issue (year 4 for some of them)

I'd be a little careful on the metal bottles as some of the chemicals may react with the metal (especially aluminum but some grades of stainless as well) and could create something that stains materials

Just my $.02
M

·
You've been pimped!!
15,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was my concern too. Heavy plastic bottles maybe the answer.

·
Registered
345 Posts
These are the ones I use
Google search for usplastic sprayer Tolco 66446

I believe they are the same that most detail companies use for their chemical resistant sprayers (Chem-Guys, etc)

Getting hard to find up here but lots of places carry them down there, probably a local supply for you

HIH
M

·
Registered
345 Posts
Yeah, I get most of my supplies (well a lot anyway) from eshine. The sprayers (I believe they are Dynalon quick mist) were really good for detail spray, rinseless and such but even though they are "chemical resistant" I wasn't getting more than a couple of months out the sprayer with APC / degreaser before they started acting up and spraying streams instead of mist, leaking at the threads, etc.
They state to rinse after use to prolong the life but lets face it...not happening.

The Tolco model ones (grey) I've got some well over a year with a few different APCs and dilutions without any real issues.

That said I was buying them from global industrial up here for $27 cdn for 10. Now they no longer carry them and I can get them through CG Canada for $18 for 3, but they do come with a bottle....

The acid resistant "Gold" Tolco I've never found to be that much better than the grey with our chemicals, maybe it would be with acids...
M

1 - 6 of 6 Posts