Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to upgrade your cooling system this winter???

He's a sale on DeWitts Radiators to get you moving. :thumbs: As most of you know, DeWitts provides the best direct fit radiators for the Corvette. I've had them in both of my last two Corvettes. :thumbs:

The Sale starts today. To Order Call Chris or I at the shop, and we'll get you take care of. 609-752-0321 or email us directly. My email is [email protected] or [email protected] :cheers:CC/PayPal accepted. :thumbs:

:cool:

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
I have one in my car with the intergrated oil cooler. Very well made product.

·
Registered
6,068 Posts

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
I have one in my car with the intergrated oil cooler. Very well made product.
I have one in my C6 and they asked me to return it for a replacement, if only I knew Doug was having them at his place I would have asked him to change mine while the car was there, mine started leaking internally, antifreeze and oil was mixing, both engine oil and transmission oil, engine first and then transmission later. I condemned both internal coolers and added independent coolers, they both work very well.
The company was very nice and said they never heard of such and would like me to send it back to them but it cost me alot, first I had to drain all antifreeze and engine oil (flush system) and install an independent oil cooler, then a few weeks later I had to drain antifreeze from transmission and flush both transmission and cooling system again and each time the shop had to be paid. I had to installed another independent cooler only this time it was the transmission.
If De Witt had only consider the expense it cost me I would have appreciate it, but just send it back for an exchange is not good enough for me, but anyhow, who did not take me for a ride in this business.:huh:
Next time around I will be driving a Lexus with luxury.:rolling::rolling:

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Next time around I will be driving a Lexus with luxury.:rolling::rolling:
Well, even those come with their own sets of headaches:

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/business/stories/2010/10/21/toyota-recall.html?sid=101&flv=1

·
Registered
2,724 Posts

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
I don"t have any issues with my Lexus, I bought my first LS400 in 2000 and today it had done about 123000 miles trouble free, since I owned that car I did brakes a few times and recently did timming belt, front seals and water pump with belts, nothing else seems to ever need changing and it rides like new, even my service manager at the Lexus dealer is asking me to buy it, but its not for sale.
Recently I bought a new LS460 L and trust me, it was one of the best car I ever spend my money on, it feels like a space craft in space and luxurious like my bed.
Both Lexus put together still didn't cost me as much as any of my vette today.
But then again, ever one have complaints and Toyota seems to be having issues because Hyndai is trying to get into the market and some pocket need to be greased.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mario, being that we have never had a similar situation as your radiator, and we have installed a ton of them over the years, and I know first hand the condition of your car and the previous workmanship on it, I'm completely dismissing your issue's with your radiator and I hope anyone else reading this does too.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Mario, being that we have never had a similar situation as your radiator, and we have installed a ton of them over the years, and I know first hand the condition of your car and the previous workmanship on it, I'm completely dismissing your issue's with your radiator and I hope anyone else reading this does too.
Well lets say poor workmanship caused my radiator to leak internaly, maybe the radiator was installed wrong side.:huh: Maybe everything in my car was installed upside down and inside out.:huh:
I will always say I don't pinch my pocket to build my cars but maybe the shops that worked on my car in the pass are the people who are installing my good parts inside out or upside down:nuts:

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Well lets say poor workmanship caused my radiator to leak internaly, maybe the radiator was installed wrong side.:huh: Maybe everything in my car was installed upside down and inside out.:huh:
I will always say I don't pinch my pocket to build my cars but maybe the shops that worked on my car in the pass are the people who are installing my good parts inside out or upside down:nuts:
Well, all I know is that if a train is moving at 60mph, and an hour later if nothing has changed, ie...weight/wind/speed/ it'll still be going 60mph.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
I haven't had any problems with mine. Fit good and looked good. DeWitts will be in my next Vette.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

If you drastically over tighten the fittings, while installing your radiator upside down, you can break both internal cores. I would put my money on that diognosis...

:cheers:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts