Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed the tune from the subject unit for my 2007 Z06. At the same time I also installed K&N Air Charger. I've put about 200 miles on since the install/tune (car now has 1000 miles) and the car does run very good (no specific numbers) and pulls really strong forever!! However, I don't know if the Diablo tune takes into account specifics for the K&N Air Charger and I really don't want to leave any power unused if possible. Anyone got any specific tweak/suggestions/recommendations that I might use to tweak this tune specifically for my application? Any input will be appreciated. Thanks, Dennis

·
Registered
565 Posts
Open the shroud, as I've posted several times, to get only cold outside air to the filter media. Huge improvement. The ECM will compensate for colder air, and the 7194 leans your AFR to make more power. All within capabilities. You can datalog to make tweaks to AFR--fuel trims, I think it's called, to optimize the Predator. Their website is very good at helping you do this. I'm pleased with mine, but that is with the shroud opened. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So what are the chances of water getting into the K&N should one have the shroud open and ACCIDENTALLY get caught in a rain storm?? Don't typically drive in the rain but you never know.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
So what are the chances of water getting into the K&N should one have the shroud open and ACCIDENTALLY get caught in a rain storm?? Don't typically drive in the rain but you never know.
Very low. My LPE barely gets damp when it rains.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Very low. My LPE barely gets damp when it rains.
:agree: Got caught in heavy rain---right after I washed it :nuts: K&N was completely dry. If you drove in three feet of water you'd soak it, otherwise a little water on it will atomize as you drive. Always been a strong point of the oiled mesh filters. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I installed the K&N and the predator tune on my 07 Z.

Dyno'd 445 stock

Dyno'd 467 with K&N

Dyno'd 477 with Predator and K&N.

Their tune is mild. You can pick up more HP adjusting their tune, got it to 480. All figures SAE

Now I've got a mail order tune from Quality Motorsports and Vette-air intake parts, Dyno'd at 493/460 SAE

·
Registered
559 Posts
6speeder

I have a 06 Z with the predator tune also, would like to hear what you did to their tune to bump up th HP. What can you tell me about the mail order tune from Quality. Thanks, WRH-98

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Forum vendor Jeremy Formato offers a tune for use with the predator. He is considered one of the top tuners in the country. I am sgure his tunes will take into account your exact setup:thumbsup:

:cheers:

·
Registered
92 Posts
6speeder

I have a 06 Z with the predator tune also, would like to hear what you did to their tune to bump up th HP. What can you tell me about the mail order tune from Quality. Thanks, WRH-98
The Predator tune is a little leaner than stock, if you lean it out a bit more it'll wake it up. Mine w/Predator was running an A/F of 12 to 12.3:1. I leaned it to 12.8:1.

The mail order tune from Quality was spot on! We dyno'd it, checked timing, KR (none), checked the A/F and couldn't find a thing to change. They nailed it, first attempt.

·
Registered
559 Posts
So what was the percent of lean you went over from the predator tune? Did you change any timing? maybe add a little for the high altitude?

Anyone I should talk to at Quality? Thanks.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I leaned it out by 3%. The Predator is a good tool, however you can only lean it out in two steps, zero rpm to 4,000k and 4,000 and up. An ability to work in smaller increments would have helped optimize the tune. It's still a good scanner.

Talk to Patrick Sparks, @ 972-754-5346
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
210 Posts
I installed the K&N and the predator tune on my 07 Z.

Dyno'd 445 stock

Dyno'd 467 with K&N

Dyno'd 477 with Predator and K&N.

Their tune is mild. You can pick up more HP adjusting their tune, got it to 480. All figures SAE

Now I've got a mail order tune from Quality Motorsports and Vette-air intake parts, Dyno'd at 493/460 SAE

22HP from an air filter?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I leaned it out by 3%. The Predator is a good tool, however you can only lean it out in two steps, zero rpm to 4,000k and 4,000 and up. An ability to work in smaller increments would have helped optimize the tune. It's still a good scanner.

Talk to Patrick Sparks, @ 972-754-5346
:thumbsup:
I run the u7194 and 91 octane. I tried tweaking the timing and the ratio and both times it lead to upper rpm KR. Were you monitoring KR when you did your tweaks? I did have great success adjusting the LTFTs though. The K&N and Vette Air really make a difference. I average 21.5 mpg now up from 18.

·
Registered
158 Posts
BTW, for those wanting to run a 160 tstat the Diablo is not the tune you want. There is no way to prevent the code that is thrown when the ECT doesn't reach 169* in the first 3 mins. :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts