Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I hope the Grim Reaper is using that "borrowed time" watch. I may be immortal. You do realize that there are millions of hot rodders with SBC engines and block failures are very, very rare. You know, splayed caps, ARP and such. I'm pretty sure you didn't read that right.

Take a pic of the cam. What are the specs?
Hero Power in the SS Impala @ 1,000 Hp won't come easy on 93 octane Gunny even Twin Turbo.
Meth injection so so.
Going to need High Octane Go Juice of some sort.
It's done on E85 here.
Available allover in Illinois.

Boost over 17 psi on pump gas typical can not be done without severe detonation issues.

So if You do it choose a a High A/R and Big Turbos Big.
Use Twin massive blowoff valves like 52 mm.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well, all-righty then.

BLP Bo Laws Belt Drive Fuel Pump I have Gunny.
Lightly used for a few races on a Dirt track sprint car 410 ci 1000 HP.

Good for 1480 HP Gasoline doing the math @ 4,000 Pump RPM, Be 8000 RPM @ the crank .
750 HP Alcohol.

Faster the engine turns more the more fuel volume it puts out.

My preference.

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
Only disadvantage is long term corrosion issues by absorbing water.
Yep, anyone that's ever left 10% alcohol gas in their weedeater/chainsaw/hedge trimmer all winter will learn this lesson. The good news is that it's easier to change the carb than to clean all the white, powdery mess off the needles and jets. No, Sta-Bil doesn't help. Nowadays I just run them out of straight gas/oil with no alcohol. No problems last 3 years.

Corn liquor is for drinking, not for running engines.

Faster the engine turns more the more fuel volume it puts out.
Like most other pumps until cavitation limits it. Some of us went past third grade math.

It's pretty cool how you always seem to change the subject when someone wants to see those pretty Ti rods or cam pics. If I had Ti rods I'd show everybody. Maybe "your" rods are vampire rods. When you try to take a pic they just disappear.:D

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Yep, anyone that's ever left 10% alcohol gas in their weedeater/chainsaw/hedge trimmer all winter will learn this lesson. The good news is that it's easier to change the carb than to clean all the white, powdery mess off the needles and jets. No, Sta-Bil doesn't help. Nowadays I just run them out of straight gas/oil with no alcohol. No problems last 3 years.

Like most other pumps until cavitation limits it. Some of us went past third grade math.

It's pretty cool how you always seem to change the subject when someone wants to see those pretty Ti rods or cam pics. If I had Ti rods I'd show everybody. Maybe "your" rods are vampire rods. When you try to take a pic they just disappear.:D

Well such as in a Torque Tube Corvette a Radiator & Intercooler is only 1/2 as Big full square frontal area as your SS Impala or my Old Trans Am.
Using Alcohol as Fuel Lowers IAT's.
Allows you to burn more fuel for more Torque & HP.

You need to use Nickle coated Aluminum AN Fittings for Meth & Alcohol.

Nitromethane is mixed with Methanol alcohol.
It can be done with gasoline but a mixing agent must be used.

Why in The **** would I give my Isky camshaft profile exact specs away online ?
No one is paying me to.
I am the only that knows.
Going Racing.
No Racer gives his camshaft away.
Be a Dumbass Motherfucker Gunny.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

You really need to stop by Grumpys site more often.
Been posting my **** there for years now.

Here Ya Go.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts